2. Vishalgarh primary govt. School

So there's today's song. Enjoy reading.

___________________________________________________________

She was a very light sleeper because of her family obviously. A small sound can wake her up, she is now used to waking up early even before her family does and start to do all the work from cleaning to cooking, she was very good at everything. Can you imagine a little girl of 4 years working like this or even cooking. In her village everyone still cooked in the earthen stoves and lights the stove with wood and camphor and the little girl have to do this before her mother wake up and if the tea is not ready by that time then she will be punished by no food that day and still have to work. Suhasini doesn't deserve to be called a mother even though she likes her other children like anything, she hates and treats her youngest daughter like she isn't a human.

Little Aadhya's POV.
Waking up early in the morning like everyday, I went to the backyard and plucked a mango leaf and brushed my teeth. And after that I collected some water from the well which is still hard for me as I am not tall enough to see the water level. I always wonder when I will become tall and be able to see what the inside of the well look like. I often try to see inside while collecting water but even if I am standing on the low stool I still can't see it. Then after collecting some water in the bucket i somehow managed to pull it to the kitchen enterance and taking some water from it I poured it into an utensil and kept aside. I then took out the wood and coconut palm leaves and kept it inside the earthen stove, lighted a camphor and put it on top of it. When the wood finally caught fire I kept the utensil on top of it and made tea, everyone here like to drink tea which is made by boiling, Cardamom , cinnamon , bay leaf , cloves , cumin seed , jaggery and finally when the jaggery dissolves and the flavours of these spices get extracted into the water I add tea leaves, or tea powder. After making it and setting it aside i have to clean the house , sweep and mop. By the time I finish sweeping and mopping the sun will rise and then i will take bath by collecting some water from the well and I clean my self by scrubbing with coconut peal. After that I change into another one of the dress i got from my sisters as it became short for her , it was a bit torn but It was good though it was baggy. I then tied my long black hair in the scarf i was given and put on a veil covering my face as mother asked me to do. I then went to my kanha.

Author's POV

" Me..me..mere ka..ka..Kan.. kanha, me...meri pari...parivaar k..ko... Khu...khushiya... De..." She said with her baby voice.
She never complained about anything , she had to do all the chores yet she never questioned. Even if she did everything properly but still her mother and sisters found any minute of a mistake and punish her for that. That was really hard for her but she still found good in that as she thought that will make her do the chores perfect. And yeah that made her a perfectionist in a very young age.

After her mom's all sort of blaming she finally sat in the cow shelter with her favourite cows little calf. Her favourite cow Lakshmi was taken away to sell in the market when she delivered a calf. She missed Lakshmi but she loved that she got the company of lakshmi's daughter. When she was lost in her little world playing with lakshmi's daughter her mother called her.

" You, come here. You have to get ready and go to school from now on." Said Suhasini avoiding to call her by her name.
" N... N.. no... I.. wo..won't go.... Pl...please... Do.. don't se..send... Me... Any...anywhere." hearing that Suhasini was more than happy that aadhya didnt want to go to school so she was determined to send her.
" Now come girl, i don't have all day. You will go there no matter what." Yelled Suhasini and dragged aadhya out of the shelter.
" Make her wear something good, don't let people see her in this and warn her not to open her bloody mouth in front of anyone." Spitted Beeshmanath without looking at Aadhya.
" Oh that she won't, she is a stuttering mess. She won't open her mouth." Replied Suhasini and again dragged aadhya to one of the rooms and gave an old but better pair of dress of her sister gowri. After making her wear that her mom oiled her hair and draped her scarf around her face and made her wear the odhni (veil) she did all this with a disgusted face and chanting continuously to keep herself away from any bad luck.