8. Elated

So peeps... Here's todays song... After a very long time i know... Please do forgive me for that...

______________________________________________________

Suwarna looked at her husband and the smile they had on their faces faded. They didn't expect to see Aadhya here. But they weren't displeased with her presence. They were genuinely just being a little selfish in their daughters matter.

From the starting itself they were worried if Aasha would get someone to marry her if she kept on bringing up Aadhya in between. But Aasha have already decided to make Aasha her daughter who she didn't give birth to, and they can't do anything in this matter. Now that they were just scared if Ajay and his family will accept Aasha with Aadhya? Even if they did will she have to hear taunts?

These were their genuine doubts. So one can't blame them for being a bit selfish in their only Daughter's matter.

" Ma, Aadhya is my daughter even if I didn't give birth to her. I know what you are worried about. You are just worried if I can settle myself in life with my Aadhi. Yes I can. Infact Ajay, Nani and Nana have accepted her. Now it's your time Ma and Pa. I cannot live without her." Aasha said with tears brimming in her eyes.

Silence prevailed for a while but silence was just to the viewers , there was a storm in Aadhya's mind and there was downpour of thoughts in Suwarna's and Abhijith's ( Aasha's father) minds.

After a good amount of silence, Abhijith finally broke it, " Beta come here." He called Aadhya and patted her head. " Beta what do you call Her?" Suwarna asked pointing towards Aasha.

Aadhya looked at Aasha to recieve an affirmative smile. She then turned back to them and answered, " Aa...Aasha ma."

"Why do you call her Aasha ma?" Abhijith asked it this time. Aadhya was confused at first, but then she was afraid if they will ask her to stop calling that.

" Be...because she is li...like a mo...mother to me." Aadhya stated but her tone held a tinge of fear of losing her Aasha ma.

" So you call her Aasha ma because she is like a mother figure to you right?" Suwarna asked well more like stated the fact.

"Ye...yes"

" Then if she is your mother , then we are her parents. So we will be your Nana and Nani right?" Suwarna asked to which Aadhya gave a surprised expression and before she could answer Suwarna asked, " right?"

With glassy eyes aadhi replied, " ye...yes" . She had a happy smile plastered on her face. Aasha had happy tears rolling down her cheeks and suwarna and Abhijeet looked happy.

"So now now, you have been calling us Nana and Nani ryt... From now on as Ajay is your Ajay pa we will be you Dadi and Dada." Ajay's Nani well now Aadhya's Dadi stated. (Dadi/Dada- paternal grandparents)

Smiling and nodding her head positively Aadhya was engulfed in a hug by suwarna and Abhijeeth, Then she was taken in by Dadi and Dada and then Ajay and Aasha.

Now finally as everything have fallen in place , everyone decided to head in to the living room.
After getting together and getting to know each other better Aasha, Aadhya and her family decided to take their leave.

Suwarna and Abhijeeth travelled back to their home while Aasha and Aadhya went back to the village, Ajay proposed to drop them but they politely denied and so Ajay booked a cab for them to be escorted safely.

After reaching the village Aasha tried to pay the fare but the driver said that it was already paid. An unknown smile crept to Aasha's lips and she took her leave from the driver after thanking him and walked with Aadhya towards her house.

Dropping Aadhya there and warning them not to do anything to her she returned back. There was still time for dinner.

Aadhya thought of cooking something , when she entered the kitchen she saw that the chapati flour was kept ready, she thought maybe her mother might have did it because she thought Aadhya will not come early.

Suhasini didn't like Aadhya neglecting the time and jobs given to her so she punishes Aadhya no matter how good she does things.
Now Suhasini have ordered Aadhya to make something and not to use the chapati flour that was made by Suhasini. And that too the dinner should be ready before 8:30, when the current time is 7:00.

Aadhya thought if what she could make in this less time, and decided to make Pulao ( veg biriyani). She was done with the Pulao earlier than expected so she decided to make some chutney that can go with Pulao.

After making all these she served them on the table and completed all the cleaning of kitchen as well. And all this before 8:30. Suhasini was surprised but she had to be the worst mother she is so she just cut Aadhya's dinner for the day and asked her to get out of her area of vision.

Having no food was nothing new for Aadhya now as she is used to it. She just went to the store room and prepared her bed as in preparing the jute sac on the floor, she went to sleep after studying and not before recalling all the events of the day.

She was more than happy that now she has people who care for her. But not even once did she think of leaving this place and going to them even after getting tortured here. Every single day she hoped for her family to be better the next day, and every single day she went into slumber praying for her tomorrow to be a better one.

______________________________________________

Hey guys I know i am far too late for an update. And i am sorry to disappoint everyone. It's just been so hectic. Now as Gandhi jayanti is on the was my school has issued a leave on this Sunday and Friday and Saturday bieng a mandatory holiday in Bahrain , i have got three days of holiday this week. So I thought to update this chapter.

I hope I didn't lose much touch and hang of things here. Please do correct me wherever i am wrong... I am just an amateur in writing. Thank you...

~ Emma.