Chapter 2

*Ryuu POV*

It's been about a month or so since I've started living here with the Williams. And I gotta say, it's been quite eventful, from Erma and her baby sitter defeating an evil puppet, to Erma and her friends finding an underground rat people society and just a whole lot of other stuff. But the thing that got me the most curious was when it was Erma's birthday. She was just going through her presents as fast as she could that Emiko had to go and get the rest of them. But when she came back from the kitchen, she seemed troubled. When I asked her what was wrong, she just said that there was still a lot of presents to go through but I didn't buy it. But I decided to let it go since it was probably nothing that serious. It was now early November and all was quiet at the Williams household. We were all doing our own thing as Erma was playing with her dolls, Emiko was doing the dishes, Sam was catching up on some work emails from his editors and publishers and I was napping on the couch. The peace didn't last long as there was a knock at the door.

Emiko: Ryuu!

Me: *Groan* What now?

Emiko: Can you get the door? I'm just finishing up these dishes!

I relunctantly get up and head to the door.

Me: Sure!

As I walk to the door, with Erma beside me, I open it to reveal a messenger yokai bird.

Yokai: H-H-Hello there s-s-sir! I-I have a message for Emiko Williams coming from the y-y-y-yokai district! Mmmrf!

Me: 'Wait what?' I'm sorry, sir. But I think you might have the wrong-

Yokai: (Quickly hands me a scroll) HERE! The monster world p-p-postal service thanks you for using us, s-sir! Mmrf!

As he flies off, Emiko comes up the behind me, wondering what happened.

Emiko: Who was it?

Me: Some sort of messenger bird. This message is from home I think.

Emiko takes the scroll, opens it and proceeds to read the contents of the scroll.

Emiko: .... It's from Yori.

Me: Yori?

I walk up next to her and read the message as well. We were both shocked that it was Yori writing to Emiko. But what shocked us even more.... is that it was an invitation for a family reunion and for the night parade this year.

Me: Damn it all.

Sam: Hey, you three. What's going on?

Me: (Hands him the paper) Read.

As Sam reads the scroll, he looks up at me and Emiko in confusion. I look down and see Erma looking at us in complete confusion. I smile and pat her head as she looks at me.

Me: Erma, why don't you go to your room. We need to discuss something real quick.

*Time-skip*

We were all in Emiko and Sam's room as we discuss on what to do.

Emiko: I don't trust it. I don't trust it at all.

Sam: But the letter's from your sister, right? Isn't she the one out of them that you trust? No offense Ryuu.

Me: None taken. But Sam is right sis. You and Yori were always close so I see no reason to trust it. Even if I am skeptical.

Emiko: He could've easily manipulate it. He's done it before.

Me: But the letter seemed to have her level of snarkiness written into it. We both know he can't copy that.

Emiko: .... I guess your right about that.