Chapter 8

*Third POV*

It was an early morning for the Yureimoto mansion and we see Emiko in her room, on her knees on top of her futon, just staring into nothing. Erma was quite worried for her mom as she set her food down and walked out. Mayumi came walking by and noticed her elder sisters condition. Throughout the day, Erma walked around the mansion wanting to know what her family was doing and all they were doing was either sleeping or talking. That was until she went to the garden later in the day and saw Ena and Kenji cleaning up the garden. She noticed one flower that survived. She tried to replant it until it immediately died causing her to feel sorry for Ena's garden even more. Ena didn't feel angry about what just happened and knew that she was trying to help. Later she went to the main courtyard and saw her Uncle Kentaro and Auntie Fumiko looking at the carriage that was meant for their parents in complete ruin from last nights party. That was until they heard footsteps behind them and out came Haru in a cast and bandages with Ryuu behind him to act as his support. But he didn't stay out for long as Fumiko took him back inside so he can rest his injuries. As they walked back inside, Ryuu covered his mouth, trying to figure out a way of how to heal Haru faster. He knows Harus and Fumikos relationship and he approves of them. He just doesn't want to see them hurt or sad. Erma followed the two lovers back to where Fumiko was, taking care of Haru and tried to think of something that will make her both of her tasks easier. Until, that was, she had an idea and sprinted back to the courtyard where her uncles were. They saw her with the biggest grin and Erma whisppered her plan to Uncle Kentaro first who lit up in excitement and immediatly ran off to go do what he was told. She then switched her attention to Ryuu who was sitting on the floor, trying to whip up a healing potion for Haru. She handed him a little cloth bag and what Ryuu saw inside, made him go wide-eyed and smile. He ruffled up her hair and immediately went to work on the potion. But then she thought of something else for her uncle. So she went back to Fumiko and grabbed her attention. She whispered what she wanted to do for her uncle and the two of them had the most devilish smile on their faces while Haru tried to figure out what was going on. While this was happening throughout the entire day, Emiko still hadn't moved from her previous position. She didn't even eat her food that Erma brought her.

*Sam POV*

I came in the room, with a drink in hand and saw Emiko still in the same position. I sigh as I make my way over to her and get her attention.

Me: Emiko?

She still didn't move.

Sam: Emiko.

That seemed to knock some sense into her as she looked right at me.

Me: Are you okay?

Emiko: How long have I...?

Me: All day. Same position. Same expression. All day.

I hand her the cup and she takes it but still has a pretty depressed look on her face.

Me: I think it's fair to say you really need to talk about last night.

She then stiffens up, takes a deep breath and exhales out.

Emiko: I thought I figured him out. I- I thought I knew what was going on with him and how to handle it. Come to find out... I might not even be close. My dad always had some sort of scheme. Some sort of bigger plan that he'd say "was the best for everyone whether they like it or not". I thought me and Ryuu were doing to see the same person when coming here. But now... I don't even know anymore.

I rubbed my neck, knowing what she meant.

Me: Yeah... I see what you mean. We've already experienced enough together for me to believe all of the things he's done. And he seems to still mostly know he did all of that. But he kind of does seem to be trying to move on from that. It's like those yetis we met back in Wisconsin. And the Transylvania folk we spent our vacation with those years ago. Creatures with a lot of history in this similar situation. I guess it's just a little more awkward when a creature like that is your father-in-law.