five | friends, no.

five | friends, no.

Sophia.

Trapped.

I'm trapped.

I don't know what's going on but this is what I am.

I'm trapped.

Where I am is the worst part of it all.

I'm trapped in my own body.

I felt like I was in the front row of my very own life's movie. Like everything that was happening I could hear with extensive clarity. If I just had a little more adrenaline, I could see my life unravel in front of me.

"I don't understand! How could a simple beating have this effect on her?!" Anna's voice shouted. 

"It wasn't simple miss, the person who attacked her had an agenda. If you look at the wounds around her neck, they were made by hands. The person who attacked her didn't want to break into her flat and steal things, they wanted to hurt her. Obviously they succeeded." The footsteps moving away from me confirmed the doctors exit.

I heard Anna sigh, "This shouldn't have happened Soph, I'm so sorry." Soft sobs were coming out of her mouth. I was completely taken aback. Anna crying? And for all reasons, over me?

"Anna you should get some rest." A familiar voice said.

"Yeah, you've been here for hours. Go home and get some sleep." A foreign voice said with a different accent from most around here.

The familiar voice pitched in again, "I can stay Niall. Take her back to Harry. I'll call if we get any news."

"Are you sure Liam?" Anna's voice said softly.

"Positive."

~

My eyes fluttered open and I saw what I saw everyday, nothing. It's pretty frustrating to wake up to nothing but utter and complete darkness but after years of doing it, you'd think you would have gotten used to it. But no.

I pushed my body upwards and a ball of pain rolled through my body like thunder. My head felt like someone was repeatedly banging it against a concrete wall and my back was pulsating. I opened my mouth to speak but my lips were dry and chapped so no sounds came past.

"Sophia? You're awake?" Liam's voice chorused in my ear. I nodded but then winced at the pain in my head. "Hey,  take it easy there." He said, you heard the concern in his voice.

His hands led my head backwards onto the pillow, "Do you need some water?"

I nodded and mouthed the word please.

A few minutes later, a straw was placed at my lips and I was pulling up the ice cold water. I didn't realize how thirsty I was until I heard the slurps that signalled I made it to the bottom of the cup.

I felt the left edge of the bed dip; I figure Liam sat on it. "I bet you're wondering why I'm here and not Anna?"

I nodded.

"Well, partially because I told her that she needed rest, but mostly is because I feel a certain type of way." He stopped talking and I tilted my head to the left.

"I feel very protective of you."

I began laughing, something I haven't done in a while. "You feel protective of me? Why me? This sounds oddly familiar, are you a vampire who sparkles?"