twenty-three | a dreamer

It's been since February, I would hate me too. If you're still reading, I love you a lot. To minimize beginning of chapter traffic, the comment of the chapter will be at the end! Thank you for all of your support.

**This chapter was purposely written as a juxtaposition with the one before it. If you don't know what a juxtaposition is, it is two extremely different things right next to each other in writing.**

Song Used: Shadow of Your Wings - Jason Upton

[It's still 2013 in the book]

twenty-three | a dreamer.

sophia.

Two large hands wrapped themselves around the expanse between my underarm and ribcage. I was lifted from the uncomfortable couch and carried to my bed. When my blanket was placed over me I spun so it surrounded me like a tight cocoon.

A soft chuckle came from the him. Following the chuckle was the dip of the bed. I wasn't so taken by sleep to realize that Ed had laid next to me. I slowly let my hand gravitate toward him to see how far he had went. When my hand nearly stretched its length I knew he had laid at the exact edge of the bed. I laughed inwardly, too sleep-taken to laugh aloud.

I nearly fell asleep when I felt a cold draft. I began feeling guilty now that I realized Ed was here and I was greedily using the full blanket. I forced myself to open my eyes, although that made no difference, and began unraveling myself from the blanket.

It surprised me how fast he was able to fall asleep. It hadn't even been a whole five minutes since he'd rested me on the bed and he was already snoring softly. I smiled, his snores were nothing compared to those of my father. Mountains moved and oceans overflowed when he opened his mouth for even a second. My mother would constantly wake him and tell him to be quiet, that she needed her beauty sleep. He always replied cooly, telling her that she was already beautiful, and outshone him so much that his snores were to make her just as average as he was.

I unhooked the final round of covers from around my ankles and began to stretch it over so it would protect Ed from the winter winds seeping through the windows never closed. I scooted closer to him and sat up so I could correctly place the blanket over him. I was facing him, tucking in the loose sheet under him, when he turned. His breath now fanned my face, smelling like bubblegum.

I let go of the blanket surrounding us both and lifted my hand to touch his face. My breath hitched when I felt the sharp edges of scruff growing on his cheeks. I wasn't expecting that texture to be my first, so I laughed it off softly. As I traced the line of his jaw, I realized that he all but felt different.

I found my fingers to his forehead and trickled my fingertips down the bridge of his nose. When I reached the defined tip, I realized that who I thought was Ed, wasn't.

I rubbed the growing beard on his face softly, thinking of how much he reminded me of my father. I jumped when his hand raised and placed itself over mine, much like my father used to do when I was little. Liam's heavy fingers rubbed my forehand that was over his face. I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed once again.

His hand slid mine down until it reached his lips. A soft kiss was placed in the palm of my hand. I thought that he maybe believed that I was Danielle, so I let him continue to place a chaste of kisses along the hand of the girl he loved.

As I fell asleep, I heard the soft whisper that was so faint that it could have been a voice in my dreams. Ever so softly, Liam whispered, "Goodnight, Sophia." He placed one more kiss on my hand, this time on my fingertips, sending me off to sleep and away from reality.