15. irl + insta

it was early in the morning, earlier than everyone, when maya woke up. she was still in her clothes from last night and a familiar head of brunette was peeking out of the sheets next to her. matt must've passed out in her bed after last night's endeavours. she stretches and tries to leave the bed.

she hadn't noticed matt's arm draped around her lower half. she sighs and carefully sets his arm down on the pillow she slept on. she observed him, limbs sprawled carelessly as he slept peacefully. she knew matt would kill her for this, but she snapped a photo, admiring it afterwards before making her way out of the room, cautiously closing the door behind her, weary of the sleeping boy inside.

maya yawned as she entered the kitchen, surprised to see tyler already up and sipping a cup of what she assumed was coffee. "morning ty." she greets him causing him to flitch a little before turning towards her with a smile and greeting her back. "why're you up so early, don't you usually wake up around noon?" she jokes receiving an eye roll in return.

"haha, very funny maya," he says as he takes another sip from the mug, "last night was pretty tiring. it was really fun though, meeting everyone was nice." he says sighing, "i had to get up before my next photoshoot, don't think i can make the soho trip.." he says hesitantly.

maya frowns, unable to hide her disappointment, "that's okay ty. i know how hard you worked for this collection. just don't be busy the whole time i'm here! this is like a once in a lifetime occasion!" she says jokingly getting a laugh out of him.

"of course maya, i shouldn't be busy for the next couple days. i'm going to miss my train, i'll see you tonight!" he says as he checks his watch, shrugging on his coat and exiting julia's apartment.

the launch of her newest single was tonight and she should be excited but there was a feeling in the pit of her stomach that all will end bad. was it this soho trip? but it's only soho, they were there to finally meet the infamous matt simp, what is there to be worried about? worried that once matt actually meets her that all his time would be taken up by her? is she worrying that just because she might be blonde and pretty that matt would ditch her or something? it's not like she liked matthew sturniolo, they were way more like siblings-there was no way she didn't want him to finally meet summer.

she didn't like all this thinking about matt. she tried to shrug it off but the more she thought about what she'd do when they did go on the trip was how she was going to third wheel everyone. nick and alahna weren't technically dating, nor summer and matt, but everyone had their pairs. maybe she shouldn't go on the soho trip to save everyone awkwardness. maybe she should stay behind and set up the release party.

god why am i like this.

"morning maya," said a groggy voice behind her. she shakes her head, turning her towards the voice. it was none other than matt, standing there with the same clothes he had on last night. "sorry i crashed in your room, i figured alahna took my bed." he said sheepishly as he took a seat in front of her at the kitchen island.

she smiles through worried eyes, "morning. and yeah no, you're good. the bed's a lot bigger than i last remembered." she says as she offers him coffee tyler left for everyone. "so i was thinking," she says nervously, looking down trying to avoid his gaze as he hums in response, "maybe i could stay behind and like set up the release party instead of going to soho." she says after weighing out her options on how to put her thoughts into words.

matt looks at her like she said something offensive, "are you kidding? you're kidding right?" she stayed silent afraid of what he'll say next. "the release isn't until 7pm. you're telling me you're going to spend 10 hours setting up?" he says, comprehending her silence as a, 'no matt you stupid idiot.'