Four

"Morning

"Morning." I greeted everyone who was sitting in the kitchen. Eleanor was serving breakfast for Madi and Liam, who looked half asleep but almost ready to go to school. James was sitting there drinking a cup of coffee looking more awake than his kids and fully ready for work.

"Good morning, Nathaniel." Eleanor greets me, smiling softly at me. I think there were a few brief moments that she couldn't believe the day before wasn't a dream, I could see it in her eyes. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"Yes please." I take a seat at the only seat left on the kitchen island in between Madison and Liam, thinking Eleanor as she slides me a plate of whatever she had made for breakfast.

"I forgot to ask last night, are there any foods you don't eat?" Eleanor asks, getting a notebook to write it all down.

"Well, I'm not fussy but since Ev is allergic to seafood and mushrooms I choose not to eat them." I mentally shudder at the memories of her being diagnosed. She hadn't really tried those foods until she was seven or eight so there was no way to know she was allergic to them. So when she was suddenly itchy everywhere and having trouble breathing, soon after that she fainted and everyone was terrified. Azariah rushed her to the hospital and after that no seafood or mushroom was brought back into both the Soleil and Rozzi households.

"Elijah is allergic to both of those two, Em is only allergic to the sea food and Ezra to the mushrooms." Madi pipes up, going through the conversation. I nodded in response, grateful that there won't be any of those in the house, and they should be trained if a situation were to happen and I weren't there. Hopefully, though, that never happened.

I sat at the island watching Liam scramble to finish some sort of homework and Madi try to find her tennis shoes. This felt like a normal family, but I wasn't used to a normal family. When my dad was still alive it was normally just the two of us. We had chefs to make them breakfast or we went to a cafe. And I always knew where everything was. I had housekeepers cleaning up after me if he ever left anything lying around.

"Nathaniel, you and Everleigh are coming with me and Lily to the school now so we can sign you in. We were told you have all your forms?"

"Yes, I'll get them out just now." She nods urging Liam and Madi to get ready faster so they can leave. When they were finally done, I followed them out the door, having grabbed my folder for the school. On the Taylor property Gabriel and Emmeline were sitting ready by the car just talking to one another waiting for Madi and Liam to go with them. I spot Rory playing football, or as they call it soccer with Ezra and Eli. Growing up it was a sport to play with our friends. Even though she hadn't ever played it competitively she was pretty good at it, shocking both the quads.

"I thought you said you have never played." Ezra pants, pushing the blonde curls out of his now red face.

"I said I've never played on a team." Rory corrects. "I play with my friends and cousins all the time."

Spotting me coming she gives me a full blown grin, passing the ball to me and I take the chance to show off a little before tossing it back. I didn't play on the team either but if I wanted to keep up with some of my friends I had to learn a few tricks.