Nine

Auriella Everleigh Soleil

This man was by far the best teacher I had come across all day. Mr Fitch was an eccentric man, full of colour and sparkles and I was honestly fully engaged and enjoying his class. Granted it was a music class so not necessarily a repeat of what I had already learnt but I already knew this was going to be my favourite class while I was here.

I giggled a little as the man entertained the class as he made his way around the class greeting each student by name, he looked like he genuinely cared for each person in the class.

"Grayson." He stopped in front of my older brother, who was sitting next to Ezra and I but surrounded by a couple other boys including Liam Walker. "Have you figured out the melody?"

"Almost there, Sir." Grayson answered with the most respect I had seen him speaking to an adult with.

The man nodded, moving through the boys and then coming to Ezra, who they easily chatted about the music Ez was writing. He grinned at me when he first caught sight of me.

"Ooh, a new face. What's your name?"

"Everleigh Taylor, Sir." I smiled back.

"My sister." Ezra spoke proudly and my heart melted a little right there.

"And do you have any musical experience Miss Taylor?"

"Umm, I play guitar, violin and piano and a little bit of drums." Xander knew how to play drums and I had learnt a little from him but I wasn't too interested in it like the other instruments.

"Quite the musical genius, aren't you." Mr Fitch grins.

"Not just a musical genius, an all around genius." Ezra explained, his blue eyes wide. "She can sing too, Mr. F."

"Well then it's a pleasure to have you in my class Miss Taylor."

"Just Everleigh's fine." I laugh amused by this man's personality.

I wasn't a Taylor, by blood, sure, but by everything that mattered I wasn't.

I was a Soleil and I was extremely proud of that and maybe sometime in the future I would be a Rozzi and with everything that name stood for I wouldn't mind taking that one either.

"Well then Miss Everleigh, it's a pleasure to have you in my class."

"He seems cool." I whisper to no one in particular but Ezra's the only one close enough to me to hear what I had said.

"Yeah he's the best."

"Okay everyone, as I mentioned last lesson we will be starting our term group project that will make up your pair, and unfortunately it's compulsory for me to put you into pairs rather than choosing so listen to your names please." We all listen for our names. "Okay, group five will be Ezra and Everleigh Taylor."

"Well that makes life easy, come on let's go choose instruments first." Ezra pulls me with him.

"Slow down dude, you're trying to pull my arm off." I whine and the idiot rolls his eyes at me.