Ten

Auriella Everleigh Soleil

Muscles that I hadn't used in weeks were aching with the stretching I was doing

Muscles that I hadn't used in weeks were aching with the stretching I was doing. I followed the other girls in the class easily keeping up with the routines after I had been walked through them and repeating them multiple times.

The class was small, only seven other girls besides myself and no boys, which was different especially since the classes I attended in London often held just under thirty people minimum and had more or less an equal ratio of girls to boys. And this teacher was decades younger than the ones I often took classes with. Kerry Rowe was only a couple of years older than me in her mid twenties.

"Point your toes, Kadence." Kerry instructs the girl next to me but I stretch my toes out more ass well. I had found it helpful to apply other people's corrections to myself, it helped further me as a dancer. I rise onto my toes and turn making sure my other foot is sitting at the right place on my knee. I make my body turn fast enough that I can complete a triple turn and end in the right direction before I need to move onto the next move. I keep my head set on a certain spot on the wall so I don't get dizzy before stopping at the same time as everyone else before moving onto the next step, extending my head so it is above my head.

"Well done class." Miss Kerry grins at us as we breathe heavily after the hour and a half class.

"You're really good." A dark haired girl acknowledges as the group of us move to our bags. Her name was Juliette, she had dark hair and eyes that complemented her dark skin and she had amazing turns. "How long have you been dancing?"

"Since I was seven." I tell them and they all eagerly listen to my stories from dancing in London. Every dancer's dream is to dance in England, New York, Paris or Russia at one of the top dance schools in the country. And I often did intensive work at the Royal Academy of Dance or The Paris Opera Ballet School. They were two of the most renowned ballet schools in the world and I was extremely blessed to have the opportunities to dance there.

I got along easily with the girls, there were seven of them. Kadence, Juliette, Paityn, Erin, Skyla, Daisy and Lilia. Only Juliette and Lilia lived in the same town as me though, the other's lived in the surrounding towns, and all of us with the exception of Daisy who was homeschooled went to the same school so at least I didn't have to rely on my siblings or boyfriend for friendship.