Thirteen

"The boy isn't alone

"The boy isn't alone." A muscular man whispers into his head piece, trying to consult his boss about what he should do. He didn't want to be here, kidnapping a child, but he, like everyone else that worked for this deranged organisation had no choice. "There's a little girl, from what I can tell she is about the same age, maybe a little younger about age two, light brown hair and blue eyes."

"So take her too." The boss answered like it was obvious. "We can't risk her causing a scene and alerting anybody, now go and do your job."

The man watched in sorrow at the toddlers playing, completely oblivious to how their lives were about to turn out. He watches the boy chase the girl around then watches them both run after a butterfly and the second the mother of the girl turns around to deal with one of the girl's many siblings he knows it's time to strike. He walks quietly up to the children and when he's close enough he grabs both of them from behind, a chloroform rag up to each of their mouths. They were both small enough that he could carry one in each arm. Just as he was making a quick escape he heard someone shouting at him from behind.

Eleanor Walker had turned at the last second seeing someone carrying her son and her best friend's daughter away, but she wasn't quick enough. As soon as the man had realised she had seen him he took off into a sprint, tossing both unconscious children into the back seat and sped out of there, not once stopping until he made it to the airstrip four hours away where the man stood waiting for him.

Even though this man wasn't physically strong looking, in fact he was tall and lanky but by the atmosphere around him you could tell just how dangerous this man was. He was tall with dark hair and dark eyes but his skin was almost white and you could see the veins running through his skin.

Just the sight of him made your skin crawl.

"Do you have them?" The man asked impatiently.

"Yes sir." He handed over the children. "Please, please spare my children now, I have done what you asked." The man begged and pleaded.

He had torn apart two families just to save his own.

The boss stared at the begging man, only one thought on his mind. 'How pathetic.'

"I was going to." he said and the man brightened. "But I've changed my mind, you annoy me."

The man signalled for one of his many bodyguards and nodded his head towards the kidnapper and no less than two seconds later, the man was on the ground, a bullet straight through his skull.

Now the man turned to the children, originally he had only wanted the boy after all. He could easily shape him into behind a soldier. The earlier you get them the more loyal they stay but he sees bright blue eyes staring back at him, fierce and far to intelligence for a two year old and suddenly he was glad for the man. He glanced down at the bloodied mess and for a split second he regretted killing him after all he had given him what he was sure was going to be his biggest weapon.