10. Trained, Or Not?

Third Person POV

"Your Queen is lost, your people are starving, and you, Governor, are going to die, much sooner than your people, I'm afraid," the Viceroy says as he and the govenor walk down a flight of stairs.

"This invasion will gain you nothing. We're a democracy. The people have decided," the governor retorts.

"Take him away," the Viceroy orders the battle droids behind the govenor.

A battle droid walks up to the Viceroy and reports," My troops are in position to begin searching the swamps for these rumored underwater villages. They will not stay hidden for long."

/////////////////////////

Aris's POV

Aw dang, this ship is so cold compared to Tatooine. I can barely sleep. Neither can Anakin.

"Hey bro, you cold?" I ask him.

"What do you think, bro?" Anakin replies.

I'm guessing he is.

The lights are dim as padme walks into the room. I can recognise her anywhere. She walks up to the holotable and turns on a hologram. It shows a man that I do not know.

"...The death toll is catastrophic. You must contact me."

Padme looks down, blinking rapidly. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask. Padme jumps in shock. 

"You're supposed to be asleep," she says.

"Well, it's like, freezing in here, and it's not easy to sleep when your feet are slowly going numb," I say.

She walks over to me and Anakin.

"It's very cold," Anakin says.

"You come from a warm planet, Ani. A little too warm for my taste. Space is cold," Padme says as she puts a blanket over me and Anakin.

"You seem sad," Anakin says.

"The Queen is worried. Her people are suffering, dying. She must convince the senate to intervene. I'm not sure what'll happen," she explains.

Anakin pulls something out from his pocket. It is a wooden pendant. "I made this for you. So you'd remember me. I carved it out of a jappor snippet. It will bring you good fortune," he says.

Padme inspects the pendant and puts it around her neck.

"It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you by. Many things will change when we reach the capital, Ani. My caring for you will remain."

"I care for you too, only I..."

"Miss your mother."

Anakin looks at Padme, who hugs him.

"Padme, I understand what you're going through. Not too long ago, I wanted to run away from Tatooine to start a new life, but I got betrayed by a bounty hunter and got captured by him shortly after. You can make a difference by trying and believing that the Queen will succeed," I say.

Padme moves over to me. "You've gone through a lot, little one. I will believe that the Queen will succeed in convincing the senate. Thank you."

She hugs me.

//////////////////////

In the morning, the Naboo ship flies over a massive planet covered entirely covered with city. Qui-Gon told me and Anakin that this planet was called Coruscant, where the Jedi temple is located. I press my hand against the window of the cockpit as we descend.