-Wishing on a Wishing Well-

~2 years later~ 

(Elise, Gem, and Fwhip are 8 by this time)

I'm starting to think why I'm writing this down. 6 year old me was pretty good, but I haven't developed my social skills by that time. Although I am pretty friendly by now, I still haven't gotten my wish to get friends from different empires. 

"What's that Elise?" Fwhip said, taking a look at me. We were right next to an oak tree and he was pulling apples from it. 

"It's a secret, don't look." I said smugly.

"A diary? You haven't written in that book since two years ago!" Gem noticed. 

"Yeah, I just found it in a pile of my old stuff." I replied.  The cover was made from mangrove logs, with a beautiful design on the front. 

"Anyways, have you heard about that fountain right outside the borders?" Fwhip said.

"I did, it was said to grant wishes to whoever jumps or touches the crystal clear water." Gem replied, fiddling with her hair. 

"Should we?" I said looking at Fwhip.

"Should we?" Fwhip said smirking.

"Oh no.." Gem sighed. 

Then we ran off to the borders leaving Gem alone. "WAIT UP!-" Gem shouted. 

We stopped and looked at her. We all laughed. 

"Come on, there's no time to lose." Fwhip said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"My legs freaking hurt, how far is it Fwhip?" I groaned. 

"I see it ahead, look!" Gem exclaimed.

We all looked in awe. It was so pretty. Made out of smooth quartz and copper, the fountain was a masterpiece. 

"Woah, so do we just jump in?" Fwhip said.

"I guess so." I replied. "3.."

"2.." Gem continued.

"1!" Fwhip shouted as we all jumped in. 

I wish, I wish to meet new friends in other empires.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wandered around the forest where the fountain was. I saw a guy with purple hair reading a book. 

"Hello?" I called.

The purple haired guy closed his book in shock. "Who are you." He growled

"Wait wait, I come in peace. I am Elise Breeze-Tay." I said.

"Breeze?" He stood up. 

"Yeah?" I nodded. "Wait.. are those prophecy books?" I asked.

He nodded. "We don't have any of those in the library at the Grimlands!" I exclaimed.

"You can have them." He told me.

"Really?" I said.

"Yeah." 

"What's your name?" I asked him. 

"Xornoth. Xornoth Major." He replied. He turned and walked away, leaving the books on the ground.

"Wait- Major?" I pondered. "Major... Rivendell?"

-----------------------------------------

A Breeze? In the Grimlands?  Xornoth thought as he walked away

------------------------------------------

"Where've you been?" Fwhip asked

"I did a number 1" I lied.

"Alright, here." He said, passing me a white towel.

We were all drying ourselves off when an owl flew overhead to the Grimlands. 

"What do you think that was?" Gem asked.

"I dunno, but we should go back." I said. We set off on a journey back to the Grimlands. 

When we got to the castle, Queen Freya was waiting at the door. 

"Mother, why are you here?" Fwhip asked. 

"Come inside. There is something I need to tell you." The queen told us.

We went in, and we all held our breath for the important news. This was the first time Queen Freya has asked us to come in for news. She would always tell it to us in public. Today was a peculiar day.

"I have received a letter from Rivendell. They are asking to be allies and to meet here at the Grimlands." Queen Freya said. 

We all widened our eyes. Allies from a different empire? New people? This was so great!

"Do they have an heir to the throne already?" Gem asked. 

"They do, we will be meeting them tomorrow. I want you three to be of your best behavior. We shall make them our allies. You be friends with their son, you haven't had any friends outside the Grimlands, am I right?" Queen Freya smiled.

We nodded, and Queen Freya let us go to our room.

"OH MY GOSH!! I swear, this is the best thing that has ever happened." I exclaimed. 

"We're finally getting a friend from another empire! And from Rivendell! So great." Gem agreed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Night came, and I took out the books Xornoth gave to me. "The Past and The Future" "Prophecies of the Unknown" "Meet me in the Future" "Future and its Perks" and "Past, Present, and the Long Awaited Future" were the titles. 

I started reading, my favorite one was the Prophecies of the Unknown. This one statement caught my eye. 

A child from the river will receive a written book from the future ocean queen. It is her destiny to save the future. Everyone who knows her will forget, and the future will be happy and joyful again. 

Beside it were some writings that said 'Child from the river?' 'Breeze family?' 'Ocean queen?' and 'How?'. I suspect it was from Xornoth. Well, time to sleep. 

Tomorrow is gonna be such a happy day.

Good thing I went wishing on the wishing well. 

The River's Heirजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें