Chapter 2

San saw Wooyoung the next day, and the one after, and the one even after, until seeing each other became embedded in their lifestyle.

Some days, Wooyoung would simply spend his afternoon at Wonderland Cafe as he did before they met.

Some others, and those were San's favorite, he would invite San over and treat him to freshly baked cookies and new tea flavor.

Over the days, he taught San how to brew and showed him his snail collection thrice, as well as his many pet plants – green vegetation that smiled and purred when stroked properly. San learned about Wooyoung's magic and his ways of using it daily, how convenient it made his life but how dangerous he could become when he was tired or in a bad mood.

San learned about Seonghwa too, Wooyoung's only friend since the Yeonjun incident. He hoped he would get to meet him soon.

Three weeks had passed since their date, and despite the crazy amount of time he spent with Wooyoung, San had yet to talk about him to his friends. He knew he should and honestly, he wanted to, but the time didn't seem appropriate enough. Yeosang was in the middle of an important collaboration, too busy to hang out these days, and Wooyoung apprehended the discussion he would have with Jongho if he decided to tell him when they were alone. He had tried, once, when they were cuddling on San's bed after San had pestered the younger for hours, but the words wouldn't get out.

He was scared. Scared of Jongho's reaction, scared that the younger would be mad, scared because he wanted his friends to like Wooyoung, he needed them to get along.

Somehow, it made him realize just how much Wooyoung meant to him now.

He couldn't lose him.

"... usually brown sugar but Seonghwa couldn't go to the store for me this week and I didn't want..."

Despite San's will to listen to Wooyoung rambling, his incoming sneeze forced him to tone down the younger's voice in his head, to focus on his nose for a couple of seconds. It had been tickling his nostrils for a while but wouldn't go out yet, and San kept scrunching his nose in discomfort, trying to set it free.

"Are you even listening ?" Wooyoung stopped, putting a hand on his hip, one eyebrow perking up.

"Of course, I-"

And his body chose this moment to react.

San sneezed five times in a row, forced to bend over and let go of the whisk he had been holding. It landed on the floor and spattered some batter around, but he was too dazed to care.

When his nose seemed to be done exploding, San rubbed it with the sleeve of his grey sweater and sniffled loudly.

Noticing the sudden silence in the room, he glanced at Wooyoung still standing next to him, protectively holding the mixing bowl against his chest, like a parent would do with their baby. Eyes wide and mouth gaping, he was looking at him with the most offended expression San had seen on his face.

"What ?" he asked, reaching over the table to take a kitchen towel.

"What do you mean "what" ? You almost put your disgusting germs in the batter !"

"I sneezed in your face last week and you didn't say anything."

"These are supposed to be crepes, San. You can't sneeze on crepes !"

San snorted, bending down to take the whisk and put it back on the table.

"These are just crepes," he said while wiping the batter off the floor.