2. a secret russian communication

The next morning, Sofia woke up earlier and made breakfast for her brother: blueberry pancakes with a chocolate smiley face on top

"Hey, here's breakfast" Sofia says, handing a plate with four pancakes to her brother as he walks in the kitchen. "I thought you needed something to cheer you up"

"Thanks Sofy" he smiles. They sit and eat breakfast, while Dustin talks about camp and especially Suzie.

After eating, Dustin helps Sofia clean the plates and they both get dressed. Sofia gets dressed in blue mom jeans, a red top and decides to wear blue converse on one foot and red converse on the other foot. She puts on her silver heart-shaped necklace and once Dustin's ready, they get in the car and Sofia plays Madonna.

When they get inside the mall, Dustin sprints off to Scoops Ahoy, making Sofia run after him.

"Hi" Dustin says.

"Hi" Robin says, and Sofia waves at her.

"I'm Dustin"

"I'm Robin"

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is... is he here?"

"Is who here?"

"Henderson" Steve says, opening the back door. "Henderson! He's back!" he says, making his way to Dustin and Sofia.

"He's back!" Dustin says, with a smile on his face.

"I'm back!"

"You got the job!"

"I got the job!" Steve says, as he and Dustin make their little celebration.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asks, making Steve sigh and Sofia chuckle. Robin looks over at Sofia with a tiny smile on her face. "Hey" Robin says, softly.

"Hi" Sofia says with dreamy eyes and a faint voice. Dustin looks between the two of them with a strange look but doesn't say anything. Steve makes an ice cream for Dustin, and they sit somewhat far from the counter.

"Would you mind if I stayed here?" Sofia asks Robin. "It's just that I don't really feel like hearing Dustin talk about his girlfriend for the millionth time again" she smiles.

"Yes, of course. You can sit here" Robin says, pointing at the little window behind the counter, "or I can go grab a chair for you"

"No, it's okay, I can sit here, thanks" Sofia smiles, as she sits down.

Robin sits next to Sofia, making her feel a bit nervous. "They make an odd pair, don't they?" Robin asks, as they look at Steve and Dustin.

"Tell me about it" Sofia laughs.

"I saw you were reading Les Misérables yesterday, are you enjoying it?" Robin asks.

Sofia makes an impressed face as she looks at Robin, questioning why she would ever notice her. "Yeah, I mean I started two days ago so I'm in the beginning, but I like it so far. Have you read it?"