The cemetery

"Okay, be honest

"Okay, be honest. Uh... You guys understand any of this?" Steve asks, as he, Lucas, Dustin and Sofia go over the articles Nancy and Robin brought home.

"No" Lucas says.

"Yeah" Sofia says.

"Pretty straightforward" Dustin adds.

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve asks as he paces around. Dustin and Lucas are sitting on the sofa and Sofia is sitting on one of the chairs. Robin and Nancy left home earlier and since Sofia wanted to sleep, she stayed.

"What's confusing to you?" Dustin asks. 

"So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him"

"That's assuming he was cursed, which we don't even know" Steve says, rubbing his forehead. "How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? It doesn't make sense" 

"Far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it. The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs" Dustin explains.

"Dinosaurs? What are we..." Steve says, confused.

"You know, dinosaurs... reptiles with tiny arms" Sofia says, imitating a T-rex. Steve gives her a mean smile in response. 

"Okay, okay...  But if a gate didn't exist in the '50s, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas asks.

"How's he getting through now?" Steve asks.

"And why now?" Lucas adds.

"And why then? Just pops out in the '50s, kills one family, and he's like, "I'm good." And poof, he just disappears. Just... gone? Only to return 30 years later and start killing random teens? No, I don't buy it" Steve says and sighs, sitting on another chair.

"You know how some serial killers stop killing because they went to jail for something other than murder? Maybe something like that happened to Vecna... maybe he couldn't kill during those 30 years" Sofia thinks out loud.

"Exactly" Dustin agrees. "As I said, pretty straightforward"

"Straightforward, my ass.  Honestly, Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you" Steve says.

"Sorry" Dustin says. He looks up at Max, who's at the desk writing. 

"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin asks, making the three of them also look at Max. "Did she sleep?"

"I mean, would you?" Lucas asks.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and Nancy and Robin run down the stairs. 

"Okay, so... we have a plan" Nancy says, smiling.

Sofia gets up to hug Robin as Nancy walks to the coffee table and places two folders on top. Nancy takes Sofia's seat. Robin grabs a chair and sits on it. Sofia sits on the floor with her legs crossed, in the middle on Robin's legs.

Robin starts playing with Sofia's hair as she starts talking. "Thanks to Nancy's minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame"

"I'm now Ruth" Nancy says.