8. the mind-flayer

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world. And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it" Mike finishes his explanation. He told everything that happened since the beginning, since November 6th of 1983.

Sofia's head is resting on Robin's shoulder, as the two girls listen to Mike. They were both shocked, to say the least, but Sofia was particularly impressed by not only not knowing about this, but also by not knowing the danger her brother had been in.

Sofia couldn't believe all these things happened and she didn't notice. She thought she was a people watcher but, apparently, she sucks at that. All these events were so overwhelming to even hear about, and now she was caught up in the middle of it.

All because she wanted to impress Robin by translating Russian.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks. Sofia was impressed by how normal talking about an interdimensional monster was for them.

"It's big. Thirty feet, at least" Jonathan says.

"Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry" Lucas apologizes.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve says.

"Yes" Nancy says.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people" Steve says, confused.

"Yes, exactly" Nancy says. "Yeah, okay. I... Yeah, I'm just making sure" Steve says.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asks.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive" Max says.

"But if we close the gate again..." Wills says.

"We cut the brain off from the body" Max says.

"And kill it. Theoretically" Lucas says.

"Yoo-hoo!" they hear from afar, seeing a man frantically shaking some papers.

"Okay, this is what Alexei called the hub." the man says, placing the papers on a table. "Now, the hub takes us to the vault room"