6. escaping

A/N: surprise update! please enjoy :)

"The gate" Steve and Dustin say at the same time looking at each other.

"I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin asks, as the group walks down the stairs.

"Not exactly" Steve responds.

"Then what, exactly?" Sofia asks, wondering how and why her brother seemed to know about this.

"All you need to know is it's bad" Steve says.

"It's really bad. Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad" Dustin adds.

"And you know about this how?" Robin asks, starting to freak out.

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica asks, noticing that the Russian man is now gone.

An alarm starts blaring and a group of Russian military starts running after the group.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Steve shouts, as they make their way up the stairs. They ran past the group of scientists and the big weapon trying to open the gate, to an empty door. Then, they entered the room and Steve held the door, blocking the Russians from coming in.

"Robin!" Steve shouts, and she runs to the door, helping Steve by holding it.

Sofia looks around frantically for an escape and quickly finds a vent on the floor.

"Here!" she shouts, motioning Dustin and Erica to run to where she is. She looks back to Steve and Robin, who are struggling to keep the door closed. Sofia opens the vent and sprints to the door to help Steve and Robin. 

Sofia wasn't stressed about her. She was stressed about keeping her brother safe, because if something ever happened to him, she would never forgive herself. So, she had to protect him at all costs, even if it meant sacrificing herself. She made that promise to herself when their father wasn't present anymore, and for sure she wouldn't break it now.

Although it seemed very dramatic for her, thinking of protecting Dustin at all costs, because she never thought she'd be in that type of situation. Now here she was, living the moment vividly.

"Sofy, what are you doing!?" Dustin yells at his sister.

"Go! Just get out of here!" Sofia shouts back, struggling to keep the door closed. She just wanted him to leave. Please, please leave.

"Go, come on, now!" Dustin shouts at the trio.

"No! Just go get some help, okay?" Steve shouts. 

"What are you doing?!" Sofia yells at her brother when he stops to look at them.  "Go!" Sofia and Steve shout.

"I won't forget you!" Dustin says, looking at the trio.

"Go!" they yell.

Once Dustin closes the vent, they let go of the door and get thrown across the floor, hitting the wall. As a line of Russian guards with guns forms in front of them, they put their arms up and hope for the best.