7. revelations

Dustin leads them into the cinema

Dustin leads them into the cinema. Sofia's breathing heavily when they open the door to one of the movie rooms, where Back to the Future is playing. They walk to the front row and there's five seats available. 

"Dude, these seats blow" Steve complains, as he and Robin seat down.

"Then don't watch the movie" Dustin says.

"We wanna watch it" Robin says.

"Then watch it!" Dustin shouts, making people try to shush him. "Whatever you do, don't.. go.. anywhere"

"Fine, dad" Steve says, laughing.

Dustin, Erica and Sofia start to walk over to their seats, but Robin grabs Sofia's hand. "Stay here!" Robin says, begging for Sofia's company.

"Robin, there's no seat" Sofia says with a smile, trying not to get distracted by Robin's hand holding hers. She felt her cheeks turning red and her heart skipped a beat. It was the third time high Robin said something bold, which was very confusing for Sofia.

"Just seat on my lap" Robin responds, smirking at Sofia. The thing is, Sofia really wanted to say yes, she really did. But her brother would be pissed, so she decided not to.

But Robin's smirk got burned into Sofia's mind, desperately needing to see the places where that smirk could take her.

She walked to her seat, noticing Dustin was gone. "Where did he go?" Sofia asks Erica.

"To find us a ride" Erica responds, who seems more interested in the movie than in the situation they're in.

Sofia nods and says "Look, I'm just gonna close my eyes for a sec, so keep an eye on them, please". Erica nods, and Sofia finally relaxes, closing her eyes.

The immediate peace she felt once she closed her eyes was enough to fall asleep, not even having time to overthink every that happened on that day.

Sofia wakes up by somebody shaking her. She opens her eyes, startled, and sees Dustin with a mad look. "Dusty, what's up?" she asks, clueless, while the cinema lights burned her eyes.

"Where did they go?" Dustin asks.

Sofia looks over at the two empty seats, where Steve and Robin were supposed to be. "Oh..." is all she can say. Sofia started feeling a severe migraine developing.

They get up and start looking for them. Dustin and Erica go to the right and Sofia goes to the left. She checks out the rest of the cinema, and there's no sign of them. Anxiety starts to strike her. 

She walks over to the bathroom, hearing some voices.

Getting closer to the door, she realizes it's Steve and Robin's voices. She sighs, feeling glad that they're alive, and stays by the door, listening to their conversation.