Feverish Mornings

It was a late night. Normally the couple would be softly asleep in each others arms, but not today.

Daniel suddenly awoke with a jerk hearing something bang against the wall. Looking around he checked on Sophie, she wasn't there. Panicking he searched for her.

He heard coughing. Noticing the dim light of the bathroom shining underneath the door, he stood onto his feet. Feeling the chilled breeze on his bare chest, he continued forward clicking on the lamp besides the bed.

Venturing closer Daniel lightly pushed the door open. There was Sophie. She was sat on the floor leaned over the toilet, struggling to keep her dirty blonde curls tucked away. Running over to hold his princess and collecting her locks, he connected the dots.

The sound he awoke to must have been her.

Holding close behind her he talked in a panic to her and with a range of questions. as she slumped her bare body against his. "Oh my love are you okay, what happened? How can I help?" Feeling overwhelmed Sophie looked up to Daniel with a hoarse voice simply asking him to return her to bed.

Picking her small body up he tucked her into his arms with her head cuddling into his neck. She gripped his body like she was about to fall to her death. He approached the bed and placed her gently onto her side, covering Sophie with the white duvet that lied on there bed.

Taking steps of how to care for her from his memory he walked back into the bathroom. He grabbed a thermometer, a tall glass of water, and multiple different kinds of medicine assuming Sophie would know what to take. He never got sick much but when he did, he remembered how his mother would care for him when he was small.

Returning to Sophie he placed the water onto the night stand before laying in bed next to her. Talking lightly he instructed the thermometer into her mouth resting under her tongue. As it chimed a series of beeps he read it off.

99.5°F

She had a fever. After asking her about her symptoms he figured she had a simple cold. Exactly ensure of what to do he cuddled her to his side and wrapped an arm around her. Sophie was worried he'd get sick from her but knew he wouldn't budge from her side. She enjoyed the comfort as he searched how to treat her symptoms.

He was tired, his eyes drooped but he refused to fall into sleep. Finding a remedy for his lover he gave her the medicine he had chosen was best and watched carefully to ensure she finished the water. Her throat was sore and Sophie felt stuffy. Luckily he had also grabbed the Vicks. Sitting her on his lap as she slumped over he applied it to her chest. She looked complete and utterly sick.

She was fine earlier that day, it must have hit her like a bus throughout the night. Due to her throwing up all her food he decided to let her rest while he cooked up something. Chicken noodle soup with a few crackers. He debated giving her a tablet in her water for her sickness, but knew she hated it so decided on plain tap water. Watching her eat he sat beside Sophie stealing a saltine cracker every so often.

Once she was finished he set the bowl on the nightstand and clicked off the light. Cuddling her into his side wiping the few tears she shed from her deep yawns, he watched her fall asleep. He wanted to stay up for her, ensure she was comfortable. But his eyes refused to stay open as he lightly drifted to sleep with her in his arms.

A/n: Just a short fluffy chapter. I was inspired by the art at the top and loved the idea of how sweet it would be caring for her. So here it is, I hope u like it. (666 words)