017

"Eddie, I don't want to get up." I pushed Eddie away as he tried to unbuckle me. He stood there laughing at me as I put the blanket over my head. "Just let me sleep here." 

"Princess, let me take you to your bed." 

"Trying to sleep with me already?" I asked pulling the blanket from over my head. Eddie's face turned red and he gave an awkward smile. 

"You know what I meant." 

I giggled and got out of the van, wrapping the blanket around my neck like a cape. Eddie followed closely behind as I unlocked the door. The kids were passed out as the credits to a movie played. I walked into the kitchen, turned on the light and began cleaning up the mess from dinner. 

"Princess, weren't you just trying to sleep?" 

"I got a second wind. Make sure they are alive." I pointed to the living room and Eddie walked in. He turned off the tv and Dustin popped up. 

"Hey we were watching that," he said in a sleepy voice. 

"Hey man, you were totally snoozing," Eddie said leaning on the couch. 

"Where did you guys go?" Dustin asked. 

"I had to feed Ozzy." 

"For three hours?" Dustin asked. 

"Your sister fell asleep and I didn't want to wake her." 

Dustin gave Eddie a suspicious look then looked to me in the kitchen. 

"What do you have to say about this?" 

"Nothing." I put the leftover pizza in the fridge then walked into the living room. "I'm going to bed though. Are you guys good sleeping down here?" 

"Eddie, you can sleep in the guest bedroom if you want to," Dustin said as he grabbed blankets out of a chest. Eddie looked at me and I looked at Dustin. "Do you want to show him to it?" 

"Yea, I will." I turned towards the kitchen to turn off the light. "Good night Dusty bun." 

I began up the stairs and Eddie followed.

"Good night Dustin." 

"Night man." 

I walked into my room and flopped onto my bed. 

"Where do you want me to sleep?" Eddie asked as he stood in the doorway. I rolled around to face him and shrugged. 

"In here if you want to, or the guest bedroom." I got up and grabbed a hoodie out of my closet, putting it on and getting back into bed. Eddie shut the door and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to me. I reached into my night stand and grabbed out Chrissy's journal. 

"What's that?" Eddie asked as he got under the covers. 

"Chrissy's journal. I feel bad for taking it, but maybe it will have something about Reefer Rick in it. Or something more paranormal than that." 

I opened the first page. 

"Halloween of 84?" I asked myself as I read the date out loud. "That's weird. Chrissy, Billy and I went to a Halloween party together that night. It's weird that she started this that night." 

"Dani, you should go to sleep." 

"I know, I just need to read this-"

"Dani, read it tomorrow." I put down the notebook on my chest and looked over at Eddie. 

"I hate sleep." 

"I'm here if you have another nightmare." I smiled at Eddie and put the journal back into my nightstand, then turned off the light.