044

I waved to Chrissy as she dropped me off at Eddie's trailer. I left my dress with her so the surprise wouldn't be ruined. I noticed a motorcycle next to my car as I walked up to the trailer's steps. It must have been Roman's. I heard the sounds of guitars playing and knew they wouldn't be able to hear me knock. I picked up the "welcome" mat and grabbed the spare key. When I put the key in to unlock the door, it was already unlocked. It was so like Eddie to forget to lock the door. I walked into the living room, where Roman and Eddie messed with their guitars. Eddie's back was towards me but Roman stopped playing and waved at me. Eddie turned around and smiled as he saw me. 

"Princess, what are you doing here?" He asked. 

"I got my homework done early and thought I could spend some time with the two of you." I turned around the kitchen counter and set the key down along with my bag. "Did you guys eat yet?" 

I began into the kitchen to start washing the dishes piled in the sink. 

"Eddie was actually going to get some food for us," Roman said as he walked into the kitchen to grab a beer out of the fridge. "Pizza sound good to you?" 

I nodded and turned away from him to work on the dishes. 

"Dani, you don't have to do the dishes," Eddie walked into the kitchen to join the two of us and I turned off the water and turned to them. Eddie looked down at my neck and then back up to my face. "Is that a new necklace?" 

I looked down and grabbed the ruby. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked. 

"It is quite charming," Roman responded. There were no words from Eddie. 

"Ed's are you okay?" 

"I'm good, I'll go get the food." He rounded the corner to the closet in the hall to grab his jacket. "You two will be okay here, yea?" 

"Should be fine," Roman said as he opened his beer and moved to the couch in the living room. I followed Eddie out to his car. 

"I can come with you." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to turn around. 

"It's okay, Princess." He leaned down to press a kiss on my forehead. "I love that necklace just, where is the one I gave you?"  

Quickly my hands moved to my neck. I hadn't realized the chain with his ring wasn't there. I could have sworn I had it in Chrissy's car. I didn't want to worry him. 

Maybe the chain broke and it fell off in Chrissy's car. I swore I had it on when I left the store. I don't think I took it off.

"I must have taken it off in Chrissy's car, I'll make sure to get it from her." 

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't lose it or something. You don't have to wear it every day, I don't own you." I smiled at Eddie's understanding. 

"Well hurry back, I don't want to spend any more time without you." I kissed Eddie on the cheek, then he got into his van. I watched as he drove out of the park before heading back inside. Roman was sitting on the couch with his bass in his lap as he strummed a few cords. I continued to the kitchen to finish those dishes. 

"Eddie says you two have been dating for two months? How did you two not meet sooner?" Roman asked a series of questions. I didn't even notice he moved from the couch as he was now standing in the kitchen with me. He moved silently with a sense of creeping about. 

"We actually met a few years ago but I was dating someone else." I grabbed a towel and began drying off the dishes. 

"I know what it feels like."