6. Building Bridges

After opening the door to his two unannounced guests, Mingi stands awestruck in the doorway.

The sun seems to shine brighter on the two men. Their skin reflecting Sol's rays like the shimmer of water. Their clothes are loose and light, as if to let in the most oxygen possible. Mingi's eyes glance to their hair, because - and this can't be true - it almost looks as if wind is playing with the strands.

"Hello, Mingi." Says the taller one, and Mingi immediately snaps back to, what most would call, reality.

"Um, hi... I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Looking between the two men, the shorter answers as he discreetly backhands the taller's arm. "No, we don't know each other. I guess you just look like a Mingi? My hyung is good at, um, guessing names."

"Oh," is all Mingi can say.

Mingi is startled as Wooyoung quietly comes up behind him and another round of polite greetings take place.

"So, what brings you here?" Wooyoung asks?

"We made you some banana bread-" the taller starts,

"we're new to the area-" before the shorter interrupts.

"So we wanted to get to know you." They say at the same time.

Wooyoung takes the beautifully wrapped bread offered to him. "Thank you! Would you like to eat an early dinner with us? It's fresh! And there's definitely enough."

Yeosang is about to say that's okay or thank you, but we've already eaten, or something of the sort. But, unfortunately for Yeosang, no one has yet found out how to morph one's atoms to make telepathy possible.

Before he can be stopped, Seonghwa takes the invitation. "That would be lovely, thank you."

Wooyoung introduces their guests to the table as Jongho pulls in two more chairs.

"Oh, I'm Wooyoung by the way. Didn't actually say my name earlier."

"Ah I see, Hongjoong's cousin."

Now five faces turn toward him, with varying levels of concern. Yeosang clears his throat while glaring daggers at his hyung. "I suppose you both look like cousins."

Seonghwa smiles. No, they don't really.

Jongho's quiet observance pays off here. He can simply scrutinize their guests without being expected to talk, because his hyungs already know he is quiet, especially around newcomers.

Now Jongho is not the type to go around keeping tabs on people. This Seonghwa, however, as he's been introduced, seems a little off to Jongho.

But as Jongho glances to the other...

The... other...

What was his name again? Yeosan, Yeosang?

First, Jongho notices his face. His purely shaped face, cut from stone. Next, his hair is a fluffy blond that makes this man even more adorable.

If Jongho couldn't tell he is a little shy, Yeosang would definitely be the intimidating type.

But as Yeosang seems to notice the scrutiny, Jongho looks away.

Through these interactions, Hongjoong's gaze lays heavily on the newcomers. As they sit down, rays of sun cover the table. As they walk, the houseplants seem to reach for them.

As Hongjoong looks between them, he realizes this was the man from the park all those weeks ago. The one who sparkled with the sun and danced with the wind, the one who the earth seemed barely able to hold itself back from.