Impatient {woosan side story}

A/N: 4-15-23. Hi! I'ma keep this chapter published, however take it out of the main story. Doesn't really fit with the main plot, but this is what Woo's been up to...

Wooyoung sits in Mingi's bedroom, which now may as well be his bedroom too, waiting impatiently.

That morning, when San was over, Wooyoung gave San his number.

But see, the thing that makes Wooyoung impatient is that he does not have San's number; so now he has to wait for San to text, or call, or anything.

Wooyoung doesn't know the nurse well, but he is gorgeous, and gorgeous people catch Wooyoung's attention. He wants someone prettier, even, than himself; someone who is a challenge.

But as beautifully sculpted as Choi San is, he still seems to be shy; perhaps it is a persona.

After a moment of thought, Wooyoung scoffs at himself. What are you doing; waiting for a guy to text? He rolls his eyes and stands up off the bed. Of course he'll text - you're you - just wait.

But when, hours later, Wooyoung has to start preparing dinner, and San still hasn't texted, he becomes a little annoyed. When has anyone denied him?

Across town, San is having thoughts of his own.

To San, Wooyoung is certainly... attractive, at least until he started to show a romantic interest in him... because now, Wooyoung feels like just another human trapped by his visuals: annoying.

San didn't used to mind this. Growing up, his looks was one thing San didn't need to worry about. But now... he feels that how he looks is what holds his value; it's gotten tiresome: and disconcerting, because who likes San for his visual, and who likes San for San?

Nevertheless, San picks up his phone.

Save✅ Wooyoung

Hi~ Wooyoung this is San

Wooyoung hears a ding on his phone and nearly drops the pan he's sauteing in.

A new number pops up on the screen; he smirks upon seeing the message, and then goes back to cooking.

Soon, Wooyoung sets the table and calls his hyungs, aunt, and uncle to eat. Here, he finally takes a moment to pick up his phone and respond.

Save✅ San

Hi~ Wooyoung this is San

Hellooo~ 🥰 how was your day?

Then Wooyoung takes a seat next to Mingi, who he kisses on the cheek. Mingi tries to look annoyed, but the enduring smile can't be hidden.

Everyone takes up their chopsticks - and Hongjoong his foam-handled fork - to dig into the delicious lad na Wooyoung has prepared.

"Have you been cooking a lot at home recently?" Aunt Hyojoo asks. "Because this is very good, Wooyoung-ah!"

And yes, yes he has. "I accidentally put sugar instead of salt once, though."

"I can confirm!" Mingi jumps in, groaning. "He fed it to me." Mingi side eyes his cousin.

With it being evening, Hongjoong's strength is beginning to run out; he begins to lift his fork slower, and slower, and chews at that same slow pace.