7. Strange happenings

Seonghwa is not exactly a patient person.

He may seem to be, and may even believe himself to be, but at the end of the day, Seonghwa doesn't see the harm in helping his plans along.

No matter how many times Yeosang forbids it, he still does little things here and there to make Hongjoong notice something about him is... different.

Intriguing as Hongjoong called it.

So Yeosang gives up, because every time he tries to watch out for Seonghwa's safety, he's reminded who the hyung is.

But is there honestly anything in creation that can harm Seonghwa?

Besides human emotion, of course.

"If everyone were just a little more emotional," Seonghwa told Sol one day, "maybe earth would be a better place. But instead, human emotion is treated as a disease."

"If you value emotions, dear boy, be sure to not harden your heart against them." She warned in reply.

It's been one week since Seonghwa and Yeosang came over for that impromptu lunch, and Hongjoong has only seen Seonghwa once since then. Well, once that Hongjoong realizes.

(Of course, Cat has a different understanding.)

Seonghwa just happened to be passing by Hongjoong's house as he and Wooyoung were in the front yard. (Wooyoung showing his cousin... who knows what.)

Maybe Seonghwa asked Sol to shine a little brighter than usual on him then, and maybe he coaxed the grass to puff up a little more proudly under his bare feet.

Just to help things along.

Wooyoung and Yeosang exchanged numbers that day. For Hongjoong, it is becoming increasingly difficult to text, and Seonghwa... well, Seonghwa does not have a phone.

Back at home, later in the afternoon, Yeosang came up to Seonghwa as he lay photosynthesizing a flower in his hand - a favorite pastime - to get an update on, what he calls, the Hongjoong Situation.

"You still haven't told him anything, right, Hyung?"

Seonghwa shakes his head.

"And so what exactly is your plan?"

Seonghwa sits up now. "I'll just do little things, and wait until he asks me about them. Then I'll explain what I am bit by bit."

"Hyung," Yeosang sighs, "I know you want to help, but I really don't know if inserting yourself into someone's life - who has no idea we exist - is a good thing. That family is already dealing with so much right now."

"The fact that they're dealing with so much is why I want to help."

Even with how observant Seonghwa is, he has yet to notice the certain pull Hongjoong has on him.

And now, today: today Yeosang and Seonghwa finally have an invitation to dinner at the Kim house.

The only annoying thing for Seonghwa is he must wear shoes yet again.

Dressed in a grey silk button up tucked into dark green jeans, Seonghwa rings the doorbell.

Yeosang is dressed far more casually in a short sleeved sweater.

Yet as Jongho opens the door, Yeosang's lips curl as the younger's eyes linger on him a bit longer than necessary.

Of course, Yeosang is used to this. From people who are curious about the sparkling sun on his skin, to people who are curious for something a little more, Yeosang is used to looks.