- Chapter 4 -

I haven't spoken to anyone since I came to this school as a freshman.

I thought that wouldn't change in my senior year and I for sure didn't expect it to be a girl who would change it, but here we are.

Of course the girl who had an anxiety attack in front of me and is way too nice for her own good had to be the one to ruin all my intentions.

When she couldn't stop talking in our english class, I was surprised to find out, that I wasn't annoyed.

I actually kinda liked listening to her.

And I like that she isn't afraid. Normally people avoid me, either because of my tattoos or the rumours going around about me.
But even though I wasn't the most welcome person to her, she still wasn't intimidated by me. She actually kinda made me feel normal and I haven't even known her for a whole day.

She's really pretty.
Not classically beautiful, but striking in her own way.

Where the fuck did that come from?!
Caden, get over it already.

You. Are. Not. Good. For. Her.

And then there was the canteen incident.

I honestly didn't expect her to stand up for me.

I am used for no one to care about me, but that especially her, with the social anxiety had to be the one standing up for a stranger, in front of all those people, did something to me.

The football "stars" of our school, have been trying to provoke me for the past few years.

And I'm refusing to become the person they so desperately want me to be. I have more important shit to deal with, than immature football players.

I don't know why I put my arm around her waist or why I held on to her arm when we left, but my body kinda reacted on it's own and it felt right to do so.

I just hope she won't get too much shit for it. The people in this school can be cruel.