- Chapter 12 -

I snuggle closer into the warmth of my bed, enjoying the soft mattress and the best sleep I probably had in the past couple of years.

Wait something isn't right.

My mattress isn't as soft as this one and were is this heat coming from?

Slowly opening my eyes, I notice first that there is in fact someone lying next to me and that this isn't my bed.
I feel my whole body tense, but then I recognise the familiar features of a now sleeping Avery. My body relaxes again.

She's still fast asleep, chest heaving in slow deep breaths, while she has curled up next to me like a cat.
My arm somehow ended up lying over her waist.
We must have fallen asleep while watching the movie.

Carefully to not wake her up, I slowly entangle myself from here and search for my phone.
7:13
Shit, we slept through the whole night?!

"Avery?"
No response.
"Av?"
Still no response.
"Avery?" I gently nudge her.
No response.
Geez this girl sleeps like the dead.
"AVERY WAKE UP"
Slowly her eyes flutter open, grey eyes meeting mine.

"What's going on? Why are you in my room?"
"We have to get ready for school. And we both fell asleep during the movie"

Upon realising that we slept together the whole night, her cheeks turn slightly red.
I try not to chuckle at her reaction.

"Do you have a spare toothbrush?"
"W-What?"
"Toothbrush Av"
"Oh. Uhm..Yeah."
"Where is it?"
"Bottom drawer. Wait I will show you"

Two minutes later we are both standing in the bathroom, brushing our teeth.
After we wash our faces, Avery brushes her long hair, while I wait in her room.
"You can grab a new T-shirt if you want. The room next to mine is my closet." She says, peaking out of the bathroom.
"Thanks"
I walk over to her closet. It's a small room with shelves and a clothes rail. On the second shelf, I find her oversized T-shirts and grab a black one.
When I walk back into her bedroom, Avery is already dressed and ready to leave.
Where she got the clothes from i don't know.

Putting on our shoes, Avery suddenly stops in her movement.
"I forgot to ask if you want anything to eat" she frowns. "I usually don't eat anything for breakfast" she then explains.
"I'm fine. We should leave for school anyway, otherwise we are going to be late and you don't like that"
Surprised she looks up at me.
"How do you know?"
"You are always five minutes early to every class and fidget with your bracelet when the teacher is already there"
"Oh. I didn't realise that I did that" she looks a bit embarrassed now.
"It's not very noticeable, but I'm observant"
Which is true, but mostly when it concerns her.
Not that I would ever tell her that.

Five minutes later we are walking down the street on our way to school.
We are again sharing Av's ear pods and against my attempts to stop her, we are sharing a bag of crackers and apple slices that she grabbed out of the kitchen.

I even have a small bottle of fresh orange juice in my backpack, that she insisted on me taking.
Something about vitamins and good for your health talk.

In my surprisingly good mood this morning, I even forget, that I didn't text my mom last night to tell her that I would sleep over at a friends house.