- Chapter 7 -

My parents left yesterday to go on a "business trip".
I found out, when I came home from the coffee shop.

They left me a note.

No phone call.

Nothing.

I'm used to it by now, for them to go on small vacations that they call "business trips" without me, but it still stings.

Having my first shift on monday and all my homework done, I decide to read one of the new books I bought.

Time passes fast and I'm soon lost in a world full of magic and adventures.

It's easy to forget how lonely you feel in reality, when you are surrounded by fictional characters, that take you with them on their journey through their life.

It's late, when I finally close the book and go to bed.
Trying not to think about the empty house I'm living in, I make up scenarios in my mind, where I'm able to fight dragons and travel through magical forests.

On sunday I watch a movie and eat in front of the TV, because I can't stand the sight of the big dining table.
I hate sitting there alone, having no one to talk to and think about how other families actually spend time together.

It didn't used to be like this.

When I was younger, we used to have family dinners aswell.

My parents would ask me about my school day and in return they would tell me stories from work.
I can't really remember when everything began to change, but at some point they started spending less time at home, working and travelling more.
They also started to loose their temper over the smallest of things.

But it probably only happened, because they were stressed from work.

Deciding to have an early night, I go to bed and look forward to seeing Caden in class on monday.