- Chapter 6 -

The past days have gone by in a rush and it's already friday.

I haven't seen much of Caden. The only times I saw him, was when we passed each other in the hallway. He acknowledged me every time with a small nod, which made me smile in return.

I love the prospect of having made a friend.

I have been spending a lot of time with Rosie though. We meet each day for lunch and then sit outside on a small table underneath a big tree.
In the meantime, I have found out, that she loves turtles and that we both are obsessed with chocolate covered fruit. Especially strawberries.

Today I'm planing on applying for a job.
I don't necessarily need the money but I don't want to spend all my time at home.
On my walk yesterday, I came across this cute little coffee shop and I'm planing on asking there for a job.

Having the last period free, I make my way to the coffee shop, that is called Autumn🍁Coffee.

Reaching the building I stop in front of the door and take a deep breath to get my nerves back under control.
Then I push the glass door to the little coffee shop open, and I'm immediately hit by a wave of sweet smelling air, with a hint of freshly brewed coffee.

The coffee shop is small, but looks very comfy with the light wooden tables and matching benches, that are covered with cushions.
The walls are a faded orange that reminds me of a sunset and everywhere are little leafs drawn, that are at the same time the shop's logo.
The whole interior is decorated in the theme of autumn.

I already adore this place.

The counter is right next to a display with various pastries and a chalkboard on the wall lists all the drinks.

Spotting a middle aged man behind the counter, I go up to him.
He greets me with a warm smile.

"Welcome at autumn's. What can I make this young lovely woman"
"Hi, I'm actually here to ask if you need any help and hire?"
If possible he smiles even bigger.
"I do. I'm Ben by the way and own the shop. I have been looking for some help for a while now, but students prefer to work at the shops in town square. They earn more money there." he explains.

Ben is a bulky man with a short brown beard and matching brown eyes. His chocolate coloured curls peak out from underneath the dark green beanie he is wearing.

"I'm Avery" I introduce myself.
"I don't mind the smaller payment"

"Then that's settled"

"Just like that? You don't want a CV or to ask questions?"

"Nope. I like you"

I thank him and Ben explains everything to me and shows me where the ingredients are stored, since there aren't many costumers at this time of the day.