people are strange

March 21st, 1986

(Song for this chapter is just cant get enough- Depeche mode)

"Dustin do you need a ride to school or is someone already coming to get you" marrianne shouts only midway through straightening her hair.

"Eddies coming to pick me and mike up" he answers. "I know you dont like him but hes my friend ria"

"And i think a twenty year old being friends with 14 year olds is a bit wierd so sue me. I get your all like creeps or whatever but i agree with steve on the whole munson thing. He gives me the creeps" she imparts grabbing her jacket and going to meet him in the kitchen. She grabs an apple and headd to the door hoping to avoid the insanely hot creep her brother calls his friend. But fate calls on her at the most inopportune moments and just as she's stood by the door putting on her shoe he knocks.

Being the bigger person and ignoring her 'dislike' for the man she opens the door to him, for dustins sake not her own. "Munson" she says barely above a whisper nodding a quick hello to him before starting to leave

"Morning marrianne, would you want to sit with us today" he asks his voice shaking slightly

"The answers the same as always munson. No. I'm happy sat with robin and besides dustins my brother im not dragging myself low enough to sit with my own brother at lunch" she mutters before leaving, feeling bad for refusing his offer but she cant deal with more harassment then she already gets.
She spends the next 25 minutes of the drive to school thinking about eddie munson . She will admit to finding him attractive and definitely would like to get to know him but dating her brothers friend seems like a bitchy move so instead she'll settle with admiring him from a distance and faking her hatred towards him. With thoughts consumed by him she almost misses the turn into school.

Swerving hastily, she parks in her spot and heads into school for the pep rally. only ever going to support lucas and occasionally robin if shes playing in band that day. smiling at lucas as she walks past she blows him a kiss jokingly. Dustin told her a while back that lucas while wanting to be with max had developed a crush on marrianne. Which s
He found equally adorable and odd as shed known him years and hadn't personally noticed a great change in herself. The feeding into lucas' crush jokingly also meant jason carver stopes bothering lucas about girls as a freshman even talking to a senior girl was unheard of nevermind one fully acknowleding their existence.

She stands by max holding her in a side hug noticing her face drop at the jocks mention of billy, Marrianne's does to. She genuinely loved billy hargrove and often thinks on the idea that shes had love once so the chance of finding it again is basically impossible. Especially in a small minded town such as hawkins where misunderstood kids are labeled delinquents and instead of getting help all they get is hate.

She holds maxes small body to her own in a sisterly hug and sends a smile in lucas' direction. Jason carver continues spurting some bullshit about love or some other sentimental crap that means nothing.

She just waits tiredly for the thing to finish so she can got to 3rd period as it was a long ass pep rally that ate into the first 2 periods. 3rd marrianne had music which is one of 2 classes she actually enjoyed, the other being art. The only issue with music is that it is one of the 3 classes she shares with eddie munson.

She eventually just goes to class and sits in her regular seat. The desks had shifted into pairs instead of the normal single desks. After everyone had arrived the teacher, mr torsney, stood at the front.

"right class so for our final project were going to compose a medley peice in pairs in a style we specialise in. And before we start partnering up ive already chosen for you so your instruments work together" he then proceeds to list off pairs until only 4 kids remain eddie, marrianne and 2 boys who play brass.

"No, I'm not working with eddie sir i just can't he bothers me as it is" marrianne splutters out knowing its irreversible as herself and eddie are the only 2 left that play electric instruments.

"Awww come on i cant be that bad can i" eddie responds sarcastically a small twinge of hurt behind his words. She just glares at him and sits at her desk writing out songs that blend easily leaving space for a guitar solo for eddie to choose and play in the middle of it all

"So munson i guess if im stuck with you we can at least make a metal-esque peice, so far im thinking mötley, kiss, metallica, sex pistols, judas priest because obviously if we keep it soley metal its going to be hard to mix. And we can add vocals if you want i don't mind either way" she suggests quietly. He just smiles in response to her compliancy and begins to write songs that would easily mesh together.

Mr torsney stands again to make another announcement "and before i forget i want each person to preform a solo weather it be musical or vocal. These peices will equate to at least 60% of your grade"

The pair of delinquents look at eachother smirking at the fact they each now have an easy pass so a step towards graduating. 'Why the fuck did i do that' she thought confused by her sudden switch in responses to the boy next to her. The duo spend the next hour compiling songs in arrangements they assume would work.

"Sooo..." Marrianne pipes up "where are we gonna practice mine or yours. And dont get your hopes up munson im being civil for the sake of graduating, i still dont like you" she points out, shutting him down before he can even speak

"You think too highly of yourself annie and yours is probably best, there's no space at mine" he retorts smirking at her before walking out leaving her alone. Rolling her eyes she stands and follows the others to lunch.

Noticing her normal table is occupied by
Robins band mates she just wanders looking for somewhere else to sit. Eventually finding a seat she sits down attempting to ignore tge commotion a few tables down from her.

The voice of eddie munson flits above the mundane chatter of the other students. Marrianne looks at his table to fint him on top of it and walking along its length shouting "... As long as you're into band or science or parties" he forces with a nasal drone "Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets" this comment riles up a couple of the more 'popular' boys only for eddie to respond with placing his hands by his head likd horns an creating a low and almost demonic splutter.

He quiets talking to his friends lowly before jumping off the table and exclaiming "killing the kids!" With such force he scares the people passing, causing his club to laugh. Rianne stands up at that and walks over to the table in time to catch dustin and mikes conversation.

"Dont throw food at the boys munson that's not very civil" she mutters under her breath watching the boys conversation closely paying more attention when eddie stands behind her brother and eventually grabs him by the collar.

"Woah dipshit, hands off now before i cut them off. Never fucking touch my brother" she shouts glaring right at him. Eddie drops the boys collars and turns towards the advancing girl who stands at almost his height and has an extremely determined look on her face.

He backs up but maintains the eye contact he has with her. "What is it princess, you not like it when i talk to other people" he taunts

"Oh shut up, whats going to make you stop with the comments and incessant and quite frankly unappealing flirting" now what she said in this moment and what she was thing were two completely contradictory things. As could be recognised by the rising blush staining her cheeks a rosy pink. There was something about eddie munson and his nicknames that always got her all flustered.

"A kiss? I mean who wouldn't want one of you but kiss me and I'll stop"

"I'd rather suck jason off then kiss you" she said her words laced with fake disgust. Kissing eddie munson was however a reoccurring thought for marrianne and she had found herself caught up imagining how his lips would feel against hers many a time when she was alone and should have been studying.

Eddie just flips her off then sits back down. "Then i guess im never going to stop am i"