Jessie's girl

(Song for this chapter is she drives me crazy- fine young cannibals)

Once everyone was awake the next morning nancy began explaining her experience with vecna. It frightened them all that he could access their minds when he felt like it.

"Mayfield, im stealing some clothes" she said a hint of humor in her voice vefore disappearing into her room and returning in a new outfit. Eddie stared at her awe struck, when he'd imagined her in  clothes similar to his this wasn't exactly the situation he'd thought of but the universe works in mysterious ways.

She then proceeded to fit herself between eddie and steve so much so that she was almost sat on the former boys lap. Which drove him crazy, she was so close to him yet she would never be his.

"Munson can we talk, in private?" Marrianne whispered into his ear almost seductively sweet. He just nodded and followed her out of the room. "I can't do this anymore. I want you so please tell me now if I'm going to be stuck pursuing a dead end. I can't dea with anymore heartache so please just tell me quickly." She pleaded messing with her hair nervously.

"You marrianne henderson are the most oblivious person i have ever met. I have wanted you since i locked eyes with you last summer. You are everything ive ever wanted and more and you are worth so much more then i could ever give. Yet i still want you, you are so much more then perfect. You have made me feel ways i never thought i would and yet here you are asking if liking me is going to be pointless." He looked into her eyes, his own eyes full of a longing not even a Hollywood actor could fake.  "Annie this is the corniest shit I've ever done but will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course i will stupid now stop being soppy cos im gonna cry and cryings not a good look on me" she spoke leaning into his taller figure and connecting their lips. It was like the kiss was beyond an action it was a declaration. An unspoken promise to eachother to protect eachother through all of this and anything further.

They then went back to the others as though nothing had happened. They were just going to let them figure out what went on. They returned back to their previous seats. Eddies hand now resting on annies thigh discreetly. She was his now and he was not going to let her go.

After nancys full explanation she decided that the best thing to do next was to go back to the upside down to kill vecna much to the displeasure of everyone else. Yet remaining adamant on her idea nancy began to form a plan to plot against vecna. This then convinced dustin to join in.

The plan made no sense yet all the kids had their own input each wanting their part in saving the shitty town and each other. To put the plan remotely into motion their first port of call was to find a weaponary so that they had even a small chance at surviving vecna.

"Is that a grenade, how is any of this legal?" Robin quizzed prodding the advertisement in the yellow pages by eddie.

"Well lucky for us it is, this place is just far enough outside of hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we'll be able to avoid cops and uhh.. angry hicks" eddie responded.

"If were trying to avoid angry hicks maybe we shouldn't go to some store called war zone" erica sassed causing marrianne to hum in agreement.

They continued plotting until they reached the issue of transport. Eddie proposed the stole camper yet marrianne insisted she'd drive her car with dustin with her so to avoid too much suspicion. But with her car being across town and her been claimed as a runaway it would be hard to get it so eventually agreed to eddies insanely stupid plan.

Obviously having to avoid people recognising eddie they all agreed he'd have to cover he face. Unluckily for him all max had was a Michael myers mask from Halloween. The sight of eddie in a costumed mask made marrianne howl with laughter.

"You know munson i didn't think you could look any bettet but that mask is a huge improvement" she said sarcasm dripping from her voice but eddie knew it was all in jest.

The group of teens crossed the park to where a massive mobile home stood. Eddie climbed in first and everyone else followed. Eddie started hot wiring the engine while marrianne sorted through tapes settling on a frankie valli one to play for their journey there.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asked the long haired boy.

"When the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot wire. Now i swore to myself i wouldn't wind up like he did but now im wanted for murder and soon grand theft auto so im really living up to that munson name" Eddie retorted sharply.

"Uhh hey im not sure i love the idea of you driving" robin interrupted

"Oh im just starting this sucker" eddie told her. "Harringtons got her dont you big boy" he added getting close to steves face with a almost cortoonified voice. Leaving steve and robin very confused.

Marrianne ignored thier conversation and put the tape in, pausing it so that no music would play until they had safely driven off. Once the engine started steve jumped into the drivers seat and sped off out of sight of the owners of the mobile home. The music began playing. The first song was marrianes name sake cmon marrianne. Once steves driving calmed marriane began singing along to the song with dustin.

"You know if a man ever upset me all he'd have to do was sing me this and I'd jump back into his arms straight away" marrianne declared dreamily staring at eddie while in her trance.

"Is that a hint henderson?" Eddie queried dramatically dropping to his knees and putting his hands together as though he was begging while singing to her. The next song was begging which made it better as eddie continued to profusely beg marrianne all while singing to her and taking her hand so she'd dance with him which she eventually did.

"Yall are so wierd" erica muttered at the pair who were now singing at eachother with a great passion. Causing dustin to roll his eyes and gag.

"Can you two stop its like watching my siblings flirting its wierd" dustin interjected.

"I mean i can make him your brother by law if you want dustbin" marrianne quipped

"No stop, go back to hating eachother please."

"Nah I think i like this more, you got anymore cute friends dusty bun?" She quizzed jokingly.  The remainder of the drive to war zone was obvious flirting between eddie and marrianne which everyone wrote off as being to tease and joke with each other to fill what would otherwise be a dreadful silence besides steves rambles about family.