twist and shout

(Song for this chapter is voulez-vous - abba)

The next morning eddie woke up to a sleeping marriannes limbs entangled with his own. And as much as he wanted to stay there he knew they needed to eat and something hot at that. So he careful moved marriane then headed into ricks house hopefully unnoticed in search of something to cook. Upon only finding a singular can of spaghetti he reached for his walkie to contact anyone at all.

Nancy wheeler answers his plea for food and alcohol. Back in the boathouse marrianne had just woken up a little dazed not fully remembering the previous nights events. She just grabbed her walkman man turning the volume up full. Blasting my generation by the who down her ears, she danced around quietly losing herself in the music.

"So this is what the oldest henderson does in her spare time eh? Dances around?" Marrianne whips her head towards himyet instead of stopping she takes his hands placing a second set of headphones over his ears then dancing about with him. The girl kept dancing with him jumping and spinning about letting the world slip away leaving her in a state of utter euphoria with the one person who can make her feel better and whole again.

Eddie smiled down at the girl. It was rare he ever saw her smile, nevermind without the constant stress her face always held. The two teens danced about carelessly. The song eventually changed to alone by heart. Marrianne just turned to eddie and began singing the song at him quietly yet flamboyantly so it seemed almost jokey but there was something in her eyes that told eddie there was something more to it. But he just blew it off as hopefulness. She continued as dramatic as she could pulling eddie close enough that he could feel her breath ticking his neck. He smiled to himself capturing every second ofthe moment in his mind. To him it may have been the only opportunity he'd ever get to keep her close to him in a way more then a panicked friendly hug at night coming from a place of loneliness and desperation.

After remaining there what feels a second too long to be friendly marrianne pulled away and just sat down listening intently as though she could hear that he couldn't. "Eddie" she whispered "get down" just as she did jason carvers familiar jeep cheroke skidded onto the stone path outside kicking up stones as it came to a halt.

"Shit... shit. How'd he find me." He says ducking low. Grabbing his walkie and attempting to make contact with anyone from the outside in hopes of gaining some help but his frantic attempts quickly fell short when he recived no response from anyone.

Smacking the walkie hard he jumped from His spot, marrianne following in suit. It was dark out now, eddie continued to plead down the walkie praying for someone to be able to bring the pair some safety or salvation. Jason and his gang had headed inside ricks house much to the teens relief. and the two teens hoped that was where they were going to stop looking.

Eventually eddie and marrianne gave up trying and approached the worn boat. Marrianne grabbed the oars and eddie pushed the boat out helping marrianne into it before carefully getting in himself and pushing them out into the water. They began paddling the oars at an immense speed hoping to be out of sight before anyone came outside of ricks house.

After about 5 minutes a shout was heard. "hey freak, where do think you're going?" Jason carver quizzed threateningly from the shore. The teenagers turned to eachother and marrianne began paddling even faster as eddie tried to start up the boats rusting engine. It spluttered and stalled for a few minutes before coming to life and humming for a few seconds before dying out again. Eddie joined marrianne in her panicked rowing while watching jason walk into the water along with one of his friends.

The two jocks began swimming to the boat quickly advancing towards the two petrified metalheads. As they got closer both eddie and marrianne grabbed their oars waving them around like mad people trying to keep the two boys away. But even that wouldn't deterre jason who was hell bent on finding justice for chrissy. Eddie and marrianne remained swatting at the jocks.

The boy behind jason, Patrick, began to freeze up staring at something off in the distance . Jason began shouting at him to snap him out of it so they could make peace with chrissys death. Patrick kept staring until what could only be described as an invisible force dragged him under shocking the remainder of the teens.

Patrick remained under the water for the good part of a minute before shooting up into the sky. A panicked jason called after his friend frantically. Marrianne was frozen to the spot her eyes glued to the levitating boy. She had seen many creepy things but that really stole the show. The shock of the boy ascending caused eddie to fall over board landing straight in the water. Marrianne still transfixed on the boy failed to recognise this small detail.

Patrick's bones began to snap in what was quite frankly unnatural directions each one with a sickening crack. Eddie, marrianne and jason all watched on in shock none of them knowing the correct response. And at th final crack of Patrick's jaw marrianne also tumbled backwards off the boat and into the dark waters below her.

Jasons eyes never moved from Patrick the look of pure unbridled rage on his face unchanging. The possesed boy eventually fell back to the water like what happened was a natural occurrence.

The blonde boy then began to swim ashore to get the authorities. Leaving eddie and marrianne to clamber back into the boat and row further down the water to by skull rock a place which they had both frequented. Yet neither of them going with a partner despite it being a make out spot.

The walk there was almost silent despite marrianne's mutters of apology and prayer among her soft sobs that she was attempting to stifle. Eddie dropped her there and contined on to find himself a new walkie as his has was now severely waterlogged from falling in.

Marrianne remained alone sobbing. The thought of death used to scare her but now she'd greet it and welcome it into a warm embrace. The things she had seen were  enough for her a lifetime. Eddie tiptoed over warily once he returned and pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey its fine, im here you're alright"

"Im sorry" she responded "im sat here ccrying like a baby and thats the second time thats happened around you. If im honest I'm just scared for dustin"

He lifted her head towards him "you don't need to apologise its not your fault, that shit was scary and i would cry to given everything else you've dealt with. You are stronger then you're giving yourself credit for."  The pair then clung to each other for a while freezing cold despite it nearing summer the nights were still cold.

"I'll be wanted now too, because i dress like you and dustins part of hellfire"  marrianne says breaking the silence. "Also your hairs nicer when you just let ut dry then when you spray it out of your face and shit. It accentuates your face more the way it is now." She smiles at him.

"You're such a tease" he mumbled to himself.

"How am i a tease?"

"You are you keep hugging me and speaking un french and now that. And i already know  from dustin that the last thing you'd want is to me with me and you keep on making me guess and its very difficult."

"Okay 1 that was hot. And 2 dustin says alot of shit thats lies who says he's a trustworthy source on who i want to be with."

"But..." he starts only to be cut off by her lips on his. And to him she tasted like chocolate and her cherry vanilla lip balm. He eventually returned the kiss amd to her he tasted like smoke and mint and she loved it.