enjoy the silence

(Song for this chapter is crazy little thing called love- queen)

The two spent the night at skull rock neither of them mentioning the kiss or that they had both basically admitted their feelings for eachother. But once the morning came and rustling could be heard within the trees both eddie and marrianne clambered onto a rock high enough up that they wouldn't be seen.

"Bada bing bada boom. There she is henderson. Skull rock. In your face man, in your stupid cocky little face."

"It just doesn't make sense" dustin spoke filling marrianne's heart with joy at the fact her brother was safe.

"Yeah yeah. Even when its staring you right in the face you cant admit it. You just cant admit you were wrong, you little butthead."

Eddie jumped down at that "i concur, you dustin henderson, are a total butthead" he stated.

"Jesus i thought you were a goner" dustin responded hugging him "wheres marrianne?" He said now panicking.

"You know steve was right, you never can admit when you're wrong dustbin"  she daid calmly walking around skull rock only to be pulled into a hug by many people around her.

"Jesus fucking christ ria, do you have to hide. I thought i was gonna have to tell mom that she only has 1 kid now." Dustin spluttered out hugging her tight.

"Well im fine amd i need to steal nance" dhe said giving nancy a look that said i have boy news and its huge. So both girls disappeared around a tree to talk while eddie explained to the others what happened.

"Soooo mia, what happened?"

"So i don't really remember how it started but he went on some rant about me being a tease and you know how long I've liked him so i needed him to stop and for some reason i decided to kiss him. Which by the way was incredible, its slightly laughable that i kissed him at skull rock but its not like im a stranger to the place. So anyway that happened but we've not acknowledged it since which is disappointing but I'll move"

"He definitely likes you mia i can tell from how he looks at you and also how lucas used to say that eddie was stealing his unattainable crush when he came to see mike"

After 10 minutes of gossiping both girls returned with massive smiles on their faces much to everyone elses confusion. Eddie was in the middle of a rant about lord of the rings.

"What is mordoor?" Steve asked walking with everyone else.

"Mordoor is part of a fictional universe created by j.r.r tolkien within the lord of the rings universe. You're so out of touch with everything stevie boy" marrianne answered him catching up to eddie.

The walk to where they'd left the boat was full of stolen glances between eddie and marrianne. Which after about 40 minutes of walking dustin noticed them.

"Will somebody please tell me why my sister and eddie are looking at eachother like they're danny zucko and sandy whats her name in grease. Because its wierd"

That caused the whole group too freeze and nancy and marrianne to share a look. Eddie began chuckling nervously looking at the ground. Steve started glaring at him along with lucas yet they were for completely different reasons. Steve feeling rage at the fact eddie munson who still was yet to warm too may be doing anything with his best friend.

"Yeahhh... no we're not doing anything so let's keep walking eh?" Marrianne states continuing on walking away from the group.

"Hey princess, why dont we just tell them?" Eddie whispers catching up to her

"Tell them what, oh yeah me and eddie kissed last night and kinda said we liked each other but then just ignored eachother all night up until now. So what the fuck am i meant to say eddie. You told me i was giving mixed signals but i can say the same about you. You kiss me back and then ignore me who the fuck does that. I was so wary to even admit i enjoyed your company because  i wasn't sure i was over billy. But you were persistentin flirting and i eventually gave in because i like you more then i have anyone I've ever known. yet the second i show you anything you dont even turn me down you just ignore me." She spits bitterly walking away from him.

Eddie just watches her in silence and hangs back hoping to ask steve advice.

"Harrington, say i like a girl amd I've really fucked up with her amd now she thinks i don't like her. What can i do to fix it especially given my current circumstances?" He pleads

"I'm not helping you with marrianne shes worth more then cheap gifts and phoney apologies. Just talk to her, show her how you feel she'll appreciate that more then anything" Steve responds.

The group then continue hiking to the hidden boat. Marrianne had already sprinted there and was sat on the floor waiting for everyone needing time to collect her thoughts and shit before seeing eddies stupid pretty face again. It took the group another hour and a half to reach her and once they did she was calmer.

By the time they all reached her it wa dark and they were panicked about the whereabouts of the gate they had set off to find. They had all eventually decided to go out into the lake to find the exact location of the gate. After eddie amd marrianne uncovered the boat both avoiding each others eyes all 3 older girls and eddie climbed in. Dustin attempting to follow.

"Woah are you trying to sink us, this thing holds 4 tops" eddie stated

"Its better this way okay. You guys stay here with max. Keep an eye out for trouble" nancy added indignantly. Which dustin just attempted to argue.

"You heard nance." Marrianne added "and before you asked i put myself in charge dipshit stay here it could be dangerous"

Steve pushed the boat away from thelamd and jumped in much to dustins dismay. All three younger teens watched as the older kids paddled out into the water, following the compass. Robin teased them the whole way out. They continued rowing until the compass could no longer find north.

Upon them stopping they recived a message from dustin on the walkie asking what was happening.

"Uh dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital ahhh!" Robin told him.

Both steve and marrianne began removing any weighty items of clothing causing both nancy to question them. Eventually leaving steve in just his jeans and marrianne in her leggings and bra.

Back on the shore both lucas and max were sharing the binoculars to stare at the half naked teens.

"Guys thats gross" dustin whined "thats my sister and my... i dont know what to call steve but gross."

On the boat both steve and marrianne prepared to dive.

"Steve"
"Annie"   both eddie and nancy said in sync.
"Be careful" they said together.

They both them dove into the water swimming deep enough down to touch the gate. Which shone brightly in the murky depths of the lake. After analysing it enough they both swam back up.

As they reached the surface and began trying to climb into the boat. Two thick strong vines wrapped themselves around the unsuspecting teens. Dragging them under quickly taking all the air from their lungs and taking them through the gate.