a goodbye; The start of Love, Live, Die (A Treasure Hunt Story)

"Wake up Vikram." Meera said as Vikram opened his eyes.

Sunlight was coming from the opened door.

"Good Morning." Meera said.

"Umm.. what should I.. I have to go find Sarman." He said and got up.

"I'm here." A voice said. Vikram turned around to see Sarman sitting on a chair in a corner of the hut with his right leg above the other.

"You!" Vikram said as he raged towards him, "You left me!? With those guards? Just like that!?" He said as Meera walked out, thinking it best to leave these two alone.

"Well, I think," Sarman said as he leaned on and saw Meera, "You had fun?"

"What? No!" He said quietly, looking around.

"Good, I was hoping you would be mature." Sarman said as he got up. He was wearing new clothes, a light brown ragged open shirt with a thin cloth covering the whole inside. With light brown pants and a brown cap.

"Are we leaving?" Vikram asked.

"Two Good and two bad news, which one?" Sarman asked.

"Good?"

"We are leaving." He said. Relief ran through Vikram.

"What is bad about that?" He asked.

"We are leaving, for the treasure."
"No! What about Parth and Dada and Rajeev and everyone else?"

"2nd bad news is, they're coming with us."

"They? These... these people?"

"Yes."

"Why...? and the go-good news?"

"They're coming with us!" Being a little enthusiastic he said as he patted Vikram's shoulder, told him about his and Parth's talk: that if lost, then go for the treasure and as these people know this mountain, every river and tracks better than them. He, Sarman, had convinced them for help.

"And what do they, these people ask in return?" Vikram asked.

"Nothing, you don't worry about that." Sarman said as he walked past him.

"They want the treasure?" Vikram asked.

Sarman stopped midway, turned back and said to him, "Yes. Just not the one we're after." And left.

Vikram went outside to see Meera sitting on a tree's open cut trunk.

"So you heard the news?" She asked as Vikram stood beside her.

"You can't come?" He asked.

"You know I can't."

"You can just run away with your sister." He suggested as Meera shook her head and made way for him to sit beside her.

"That's what I thought last night." As the words escaped her mouth he became happy. Not that he loved her, but he sure cared for her.