~chapter three~

Nova's POV

"Legilimency was -and still is the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings. A person who practised this art was known as a Legilimens." Draco smiled at this while fiddling with his rings, while sitting down in his desk chair, hands on his desk.

"Muggles may have called this 'mind reading' in the past, but practitioners disdained the term as naive. The opposite of Legilimency was Occlumency, which was used to shield one's mind from the invasion and influence of a Legilimens"

"Some magical creatures- such as Wampus cats, have the powers of Legilimency too." A, what looked like a bright girl raised her hand just above her head. "Yes Miss?" "Mclaggen, Marie Mclaggen."she politely said. Oh. I was speechless. A few people laughed when she announced her name. "Y-yes Miss Mclaggen, what is it?"

"Also, a few others are Legilimens, like Voldemort, Miss Mahalia" she added. "Very good, Miss Mclaggen 5 points to Hufflepuff." I said with a sigh as I tried to shake off the feeling of disgust I had felt just seconds ago of knowing my ex-boyfriend's daughter was my student.

After the class, I finally recovered from my trauma. Draco was walking closer I flipped around in an instance, my back to him. "Hiding now are we? I just want to talk to you, Nova." That's just, wow. That's the first time he's called me by my first name in years.

"What, can't you use your eyes and see that I'm in a good mood, Draco." His face softened a bit more at that. "Nova, what was that, when Mclaggen said her name?" he asked. Even at that, I winced. "Nothing." I replied. "That was not nothing, you had a reaction to her name."

Draco's POV

That's when I realised. Oh god. That poor girl, Marie. If only she knew that her Dad was such a prick. "I'm so, so sorry." "Wow. It's really taken you all those fucking years to realise. To realise that Cormac Mclaggen is a con." She muttered while sobbing.

I felt way too bad. I was speechless. I took her hand as she flinched. I rapidly walked down the corridors to my dorm. As we stepped in I stepped forward and put her on my bed her eyes were slowly closing. After a couple minutes she had fallen asleep.