4

They arrive at the movie theater and climb out of Lucy's car. Lucy hands Rosie some money and tells her to get snacks while she gets their tickets. She makes sure to get seats in pairs of two, a couple rows apart.

They make it into the theater and take their seats. They make small talk before the movie starts.

The lights around them dim and the movie begins. The first twenty minutes are normal and uneventful. It's not until Karl reaches for the popcorn but falls short. His hand landing on (y/n)'s thigh instead. (y/n) looks over to him but he doesn't move. He gives her a small smile and rubs his thumb smoothly against her leg. (y/n) sinks against his side, laying her head on his shoulder. He lays his head on hers. They stay like that for most of the movie. Eventually moving when Karl has to run to the bathroom. He returns shortly after settling down and reaching for (y/n)'s hand which she hands over happily. Before they know it, the end credits start to roll and everyone around them starts to get up from their seats.

On the way back home they link their pinkies out of view from the other two in the car.

-

Everyone comes back home exhausted.

Rosie, being the god she is, orders pizza without even talking to anyone else. The rest go to get changed into pajamas. Once the food arrives Rosie puts it on the table and runs upstairs to get changed herself.

They all get comfortable on the couch to watch tv while they eat, too tired to talk to each other. (y/n) falls asleep at one point, leaning into Karl's side tucked neatly under his arm. Lucy and Rosie get up to go to sleep and he slowly wakes her up in order to get her to her bed.

Once upstairs they stand by her door. Not really wanting to split up. Karl leans in for a tight hug similar to the one when he first arrived. They stay like that for a while. He kisses the top of her head. She backs up just enough to look up at him.

"Goodnight," he says softly.

"Goodnight," she murmurs back.

He kisses her head one more time before leaving for the guest bedroom. She leans against the door frame watching him leave and sighs deeply turning around and shutting her door.

-

Breakfast goes the same as any morning, just one extra person at the kitchen island. Lucy finishes cooking breakfast and serves it to everyone.

"So, was it fun?" Lucy asks hopefully.

"Yeah," (y/n) says with a huge smile looking over to Karl.

"I would certainly say so," He says before looking away from her.

"I'm glad," Lucy says, looking over to Rosie. "Did you manage to have fun too?"

"Of course I did," a small smile falls onto her face.

"Well I think I can say that I popped off," Lucy says with a snarky face.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," (y/n) says fondly, rolling her eyes.

-

They clean up everything and Karl grabs his things. (y/n) watches, a little disappointed as he places everything in his car. He walks back over to the house saying goodbye to Lucy and Rosie leaving him alone with (y/n).

"I wish I could stay longer," he says sadly.

"Yeah, I wish you could too," (y/n) says equally as upset. "Will we ever do this again?"

"Nah," Karl replies. (y/n) was taken aback.

"Next time it'll be just us."

(y/n) quickly relaxes. "Next time you say?"

"Yup, and I can't wait." he says, excited. "In the meantime, there's things we can do to compensate before 'next time'"

"Oh yeah? What's that?" (y/n) says, her smile growing.

"Can I have your number?" he asks with a small smile, looking nervous.

"Of course," she reaches her hand out for his phone while reaching for her own. They switch phones and put in the information.

"Can't wait for next time," she says quickly.

"Can't wait."

Karl opens his arms one more time welcoming her in. She falls into the comforting embrace and stays for a while.

"I really have to get going," he says, still not letting go.

"I know," (y/n) says, cherishing the moment before it ends. "Call me?"

"Of course. Alright," he says, pulling away. "Goodbye for now."

"Goodbye for now," she says, watching as he walks over to his car. He gives one last wave right before he gets in the car. She waves back leaning against the doorway, she watches his car drive off.