8

The two had taken over the couch at this point, stretching out across the entirety of it. Karl laid on his back while (y/n) laid nestled into his chest. Lucy and Rosie were to arrive home soon. They had made plans to scurry into (y/n)'s room the second a car made its presence known. Just as they expected it didn't take long for one of the roommates to arrive home, they were upstairs in seconds.

"Why are we being so sneaky?" Karl says through a fit of giggles.

"Because I already know how this will end, Lucy will give me some weird face and burst out laughing. Then Rosie will be super supportive."

"What's so bad about that?"

"She's too nice, I'll break out into a fit of tears because I love her so much."

"That's sweet."

"Shut."

-

The next morning the two woke up wrapped in each other's arms. Legs tangled beneath the sheets. It was quiet and comfortable between them. Karl placed his hand gently onto (y/n)'s cheek.

"I thought that I'd ask you properly y'know?"

"Ask me what?"

"Would you want to go out with me? I was just confirming since we kissed and all but I don't know what you thought about it. It just kinda seems like we al-"

"Deep breaths boy scout! Of course I want to go out with you," (y/n) grins, the effect of sleep still hanging from her eyes.

They share a short and sweet peck before lying back down trying to get the strength to get out of bed.

-

"So, I was thinking."

"Ahh so it's not empty up there?" (y/n) smirks.

"You'd be very surprised."

"You act like I'm not already."

"Okay. Well. Anyways, I wanted you to pick the next spot we got to."

"Oh! Okay! Uhhh lemme see," (y/n) hums in thought," we should go camping for a night! That way we can get away from them," she points her thumb at Lucy and Rosie who are arguing over who would be the better avatar.

"They're really not that bad, if I hadn't met them I'd think they were terrible from the way you describe them."

"It's just tough love, they like it. Trust me."

"Uh huh. Camping sounds nice! I don't think we need to escape them but it'll be nice to be alone." Karl stares down at (y/n) with a sweet smile.

"Alone huh?" (y/n) snarks.

"Okay, you know what I meant," Karl deadpans.

"I sure hope I do," (y/n) winks at him walking away to her bedroom in a fit of giggles.

-

"Do you have everything?" (y/n) looks over her shoulder.

"I think so," Karl throws his backpack on.

"Let's say goodbye and head out then," (y/n) hops onto her feet sneaking a quick kiss to Karl's cheek as she passes him.

"We're off!" (y/n) yells into the house.

"Be safe!" Rosie yells back.

"Don't have too much fun," Lucy quickly follows.

"Fuck off! Love you!" (y/n) says, closing the door behind her.

-

The drive is a couple hours long. They fill the time with snarky comments and an unnecessary amount of singing. Once they arrive at their campsite they grab everything and begin to set up the tent they bought on the way.