Season 2- Chapter 2: Trick or Treat, Freak

I pull up to Tina's that night and see a bunch of assholes in the yard

I see a bunch of Steve's friends and then I see Cali.

"That's how you do it, Hawkins!" He yells as alcohol spills down his exposed chest.

I walk up to him and laugh, taking a puff from my blunt.

"What are you supposed to be?" He grabs the blunt from my hand.

"I'm Terminator. Have you not seen the movie?" I smile, fixing my ponytail.

"Might have to take you to the drive-in so I could watch it with you

"Might have to take you to the drive-in so I could watch it with you." He winks and hands me back my blunt.

I laugh and flip him off as I walk over to the keg. "Hand me the funnel dipshits."

"Forty-two! Forty-three! Forty-four! Forty-five! Woo! Who knew Marina Wheeler could handle all that!"

"Keg Queen! Keg Queen!"

I spit out some of the bitter alcohol and look over at Cali.

"That's how it's done." I smirk and head inside the house, looking for something. I don't know what I'm looking for, I'm too drunk to remember.

"Hey, you alright?" A hand is placed on my shoulder and I turn around to see Jonathan.

"Jonny!" I wrap my arms around his neck in a hug and pull our bodies together. "I wasn't expecting to see you here."

"What are you doing? Are you drunk?"

"Totally wasted." I smile.

At that moment I turn my head and see Steve walk out of the house. Jonathan moves away from me and starts walking towards the inside of the house.

"Nancy..." he mumbles and walks away.

Realizing I am all alone, I drunkenly follow Steve. I exit the house and see him sitting on the hood of his car. I mindlessly hop up next to him.

"Marina?" He asks as I light a cig and take a puff.

"I'm drunk." I say flatly. "I don't know why but seeing Billy beat your keg score pissed me off, so I beat him." I stopped and passed my blunt to him. "You're welcome."

"You got completely wasted to show some asshole that he doesn't belong here?"

"He hasn't even seen the Terminator, can you believe that? 'What are you supposed to be?'" I mocked him.

"What? That movie was so cool and he hasn't seen it?"

"Apparently not." I laugh as I take the blunt from him.

"You look really cool... you know." He looks over at me. "Like a really sexy killer robot."

"That's what I was going for." I smile. "So what happened? Why are you out here, talking to me on the hood of your sex machine, and not in there grinding on my sister?" I lay back on his windshield.

He lays back with me. "I think she broke up with me."

"Nancy? Break up with you? She's probably just drunk."

"She's been acting different lately, Mari." I look over at him at the childhood nickname. "She said we're bullshit. I'm bullshit." He looks over at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You haven't called me that in years..." I look up at the stars.

"I'm sorry."

I look back over at him and smile. "It might just be because I'm completely wasted right now, but... the moonlight really accents your features..."

He rolls his body to face me and I do the same. "I think you are completely wasted." He laughs.

"Yeah, I'm wasted. It's Halloween and I'm a dumb teenager, so fuck it." I grab his face and lean in to connect our lips.

He smiles against my lips and doesn't hesitate to kiss back. The sparks between us in this moment are undeniable. His hands move down to my waist and pull me closer to him as we're full on making out on the hood of his car.

I hum in the kiss as he deepens the kiss with his tongue and tangle my hands into his hair.

"Steve..."

He hums in the kiss as his fingers dig into my hips.

"Steve... I don't want to go home tonight." I look up at him. "Mom and dad seeing Nancy and I home and hungover will not end well. They're used to me doing it, but Nancy? I'll be in so much trouble if they think I was here with her and didn't stop her."

"Wanna come to mine for the night?"

"Sure. Will your parents mind?"

"No. They'd be happy to see you after all these years." He smiles and we get into his car.

I passed out on the ride to his house.

I felt my body being lifted once the car stopped. I opened my eyes slightly as we entered the house. There was a woman. His mom, I remember.

"Steve? What happened?"

"Nothing mom, she just drank a little."

"That's not Nancy, is that...?"

"It's Marina, mom."

"Marina? She hasn't spoken to you in years. Are you sure she's alright?"

"She'll be fine, mom. I'm gonna look after her." I felt him take my unconscious body up the stairs and set me down on the bed.

"You sleep on the bed, I'll go sleep on the couch..." he says as he starts to leave.

"Steve." I whisper, opening my eyes groggily.

"Yeah, Mari?" He turned around towards me on the bed.

"Stay. Stay here with me..."

He hums as to say okay and closes the door. He makes his way over to the bed and turns off the lamp. He lifts the sheets and keeps his distance from me.

I roll over, facing away from him and pass out immediately.