Season 2- Chapter 5: Dig Dug

"Our kids don't live here anymore

"Our kids don't live here anymore."

"W-what about Marina?"

"Yeah?" I step in the doorway as I hear Dustin call for me.

"Great! Come with me!" He drags me out of the doorway and into my yard as we see Steve walking up and mumbling to himself.

"Steve! Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?"

"No, um actually they're for-"

"Nancy isn't home. Come with us!" Dustin yelled and dragged me to Steve's car.

"Do you still have the bat?" Dustin asks as I get into the passenger seat.

"Bat? What bat?"

"The one with the nails dingus!" I chime in.

"Why?"

"I'll explain on the way! Just drive!"

"Now?"

"Now!" Dustin and I yell at him simultaneously.

I look out the window as Steve starts to drive. I feel myself get antsy and sit up straighter. I open his glove box and rummage through it.

"Woah woah woah! What are you doing?!"

I dig through a bunch of condoms and random papers. "Focus on the road."

"It's hard to focus when you're going through my shit."

"Lighter. I need a lighter." I sigh and close the glove box.

He pulls a matchbox out of his pocket and hands it to me.

I mumble a thanks as I light it and use it to light a cig.

Dustin starts coughing in the back and tells Steve to open the window. "Come on, Marina!"

"You have me stressed, Henderson! Saying shit about a code red! It's bad enough I have that date with Billy tonight." I sigh and take a long drag on my cig.

"Tonight?!" Steve yells as he looks over at me.

"You're going on a date with the asshole who almost ran us over?!" Dustin yells.

"He almost ran you guys over?!" Steve turns to Dustin with a protective glare.

"Focus on the road, dammit!" I hit his shoulder. "It's a long story, Dustin." I sigh. "Now explain what this code red bullshit is about."