Season 2- Chapter 3: The Pollywog

The next morning I woke up with the worst headache. I look around and see that I'm not in my room. I look at the nightstand next to me and see a glass of water and a pain killer. Thank you.

I take the pain killer and drink the water and look around. Then my memories of last night come back.

I kissed Steve Fucking Harrington.

I look to see Steve sleeping next to me. Fully clothed, good we didn't do anything.

I get out of the bed and leave the room quietly. I see what time it is on the clock in their living room and see that I have time to get home without waking anyone up.

I enter my house quietly and shower as soon as I get up the stairs. Once I leave my room to leave, I bump into Mike.

"Hey Mikey

"Hey Mikey. Good morning. You looked so cute in your costume!"

"Yeah we had fun getting candy last night. It would've been better if some fuck didn't try to run us over."

"Language Michael, mom will yell at you. Who tried to run you guys over?"

"That douche in the blue sports car! Max's brother, or step-brother, whatever he is! Sped up as soon as he saw us!"

"Don't worry, Mikey. I'll beat the ever loving shit out of him if he comes near you guys again." I smile.

I head to school earlier than Nancy, just so I don't have to feel guilty looking at her.

I walk into the school building after seeing the blue car in the parking lot. Students around me make way once it looks like steam is coming out of my ears.

"Hargrove!" I fume as I see him down the hallway, flirting with some broad.

"Is that your girlfriend?" The girl scoffs and walks off.

"You just scared off my night."

"My brother told me your dumbass nearly ran over him and his friends last night!"

"That dork is your brother?" He laughs with his friends.

I poke my finger in his chest. "Go near my brother or his friends again and I'll beat you until your eyes are swollen, got it?"

"Aww, little princess is gonna put her hands on me?"

"I beat the shit out of King Steve, you won't be anymore of a fight than he was." I push past him and head towards my locker.

During my free period, I stop in the gym. The guys are playing a game of shirts vs skins and of course, Cali is on the skins. I see him behind Steve who has the ball. I have to talk to him.

"Steve!" I interrupt their game and watch as all of their eyes turn to me, including Billy's.

I lead him out the side door of the gym and stand in front of him in the alleyway, watching as kids run the track.

"Yeah, Mari?" He wipes the sweat off his forehead with his shirt and looks at me. I can't help but stare. "Like what you see?"

"I needed to talk to you about last night." I looked away from him.

"I figured. You left early, I didn't even hear you leave." He steps closer to me without me noticing.

"We can't do that again." I look up at him finally, noticing how close he is. "You're with my sister and... I can't stand you."

"She broke it off, like right before you came to talk to me."

"It's not right, Steve. Either way you still have feelings for her. And I don't have any for you. The kiss meant nothing."

"It meant nothing? Are you serious?" He traps me against the wall with his arm. "You can't tell me you didn't feel that spark between us! There's something between us!"

"No. There isn't..."

"I saved your life, Marina! We have a bond now!  We aren't just friends!"

"Jeez, you are delusional. We were never friends, Harrington! There is no bond! You've been banging my sister for the past few months and saying you're obsessed with me! You, King Steve, have some serious fucking issues." I push away from him and walk back into the gym door, ignoring all of the butterflies he gave me.

"Done talking to your boyfriend?" I heard as I walked into the gym.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"You don't have to hide it, Marina. I saw you two making out last night." The smirk was audible in his voice.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. "Tell anyone what you saw last night and I'll pop your precious tires."

"I won't tell anyone, if you go out with me."

I sigh and turn away from him. "Fine. And then after that, you go fuck yourself." I walk away from him.