Season 2- Chapter 7: The Lost Sister

We all were walking along the train tracks back to the car as Dustin continues to try to contact the others

"Mike? Will? Hello? Anyone?" Dustin yells into the walkie.

"Maybe we're out of range? Give me that! I'll see if I can through if I get closer to the house." I grab the walkie from him and head towards the woods.

"Hey! You're going alone? Are you sure? We can-"

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. I'll meet you at the car and if I'm not back in fifteen minutes, then come look for me." I smile and walk into the woods. I turn the channel knob a few times and press the button. "Mike? Will? Hey, look if anyone can hear me, this is an emergency- or uh- a code red Dustin calls it. Look, we need help- if anyone can pick up its urgent. Hello?" I speak into it and nearly give up when I hear something other than silence or static.

It's a muffled voice. "M... -m-.. Mik..-.. Mike-?"

"Hello? Mike, is that you?" I ask, stopping in my tracks and looking up at the sky.

The voice was clearer. It was a girl. "Mike?"

"I'm Mike's sister. Who's this?" I ask, looking down at it in confusion.

"El... Eleven." The young girl spoke.

"Eleven? Eleven! Oh my god, Eleven! You're alive! Mike has told me all about you! Where- Where are you? We could really use your help." I spoke into the walkie and heard silence. "Eleven? Eleven! Hello?"

It turned to static and I sighed. "Shit." I walked a little further and continued messing with the walkie when I heard a growl come from behind me. "No no no..." I turned around and heard leaves crushing under the pressure of something's presence in the darkness. I backed away slowly as my eyes darted around trying to see what was surrounding me. I tripped and fell backwards, feeling something hard hit the back of my head as everything turned black.

"Marina?"

"Hey, Marina?"

"Yeah?" I turned around as I opened my eyes and was met with the group of girls I despised most.

"Awe, come on, don't act like you aren't delighted to see your best friend!" The lead girl laughs and wraps he arm around my neck.

"You aren't my-"

"Shut it. I need to talk to you." She cuts me off and drags me towards the girl's bathroom. I tighten my grasp on the small, cutesy decorated envelope in my pocket as she pulls me away.

"Hey, why-?" I grunt as she pushes me to the ground and her two friends laugh.

"I want you to stay away from him." She said dryly.

"Stay away from who?" I asked as I looked up at her.

She scowled down at me and kicked me in my stomach, causing her friends to laugh like a bunch of hyenas. "Don't play dumb, Wheeler! Stay away from Steve Harrington, got it? He'll never like a little whore like you!" She spat at me and I covered my face.

"But... Steve is my frie-!" I grunted as one of her minions kicked me again.

"Your what, huh? Your friend? Sure, believe what you want, okay? But I'm warning you, walk away while you still can, or else-" she steps on one of my legs as she pauses, "-or else you won't be able to walk at all." She threatened as she leaned over me and laughed at the pain written on my face. "Let's go now." She said to her friends as they turned and walked out of the bathroom.

I spit out the blood that was in my mouth and wiped it with my hand. "... mouth breathers..." I groan and slowly stand up using the wall to help myself stand. "Damnit..." I curse under my breath as I look at myself in the mirror and try to wash the blood off my hands.

"Marina? Marina, are you okay? Answer me!" Steve's voice can be heard, but when I turn around, there's nothing, no one. Everything is dark and there isn't anything to be seen.

"Marina! Listen, you're going to be okay, alright? Can you hear me? Help me lift her up, will you?" I feel my arm being wrapped around someone's shoulder and my body being lifted from the ground.

"We have to go!" Dustin said as he hurriedly bent down to pick up the walkie talkie.

"Alright!" Steve said, agitatedly as he lifted me up into his arms. "Carry the bat for me. And don't be stupid and start swinging it." He told Dustin as they walked out of the woods with my unconscious body in Steve's arms.