Chapter 1 Recruitment

Location: Apartment

Time: 8:00 am

I'm in my apartment watching the TV while the news talks about this new dark force that has risen and that a war might be coming. Then I hear a knock at my door so I get up and open the door and there is two men in military clothing. The one on the right shows a military badge and says "Rider Windward, you are being recruited into the military because of your abilities." He put his badge away and I stood there a bit shocked.

 I ask "Ok, what do I need to do?" The one on the right replies " You need to come with us to be briefed on your recruitment, we will test your abilities, and ask you questions for our file, but first you need to grab your gear and weapons." I agree and go and grab my clothes, pack clothes into a duffel bag and take it, a splat charger, and splattershot. I walk back to the two men and they take me to a green camo S.U.V. I get in and they start driving away from my apartment and to the military base.

We get there and one guy gets out and the other tells me to follow him so I do. The guy walks over to the door and walks and I follow him in to see offices with name tags and big locks  on the doors. He and I walk over to an office that says recruiter and it has a locker by the door with a big  lock but it was thicker than the others. The guy unlocks the locker and tells me to put my stuff in it while we talk to the recruiter. I say ok and put my stuff in and he locks it. He goes in and I go in after him. I see an older looking person sitting behind a desk. He motions for me to sit in the chair in front of the desk.

I sit down and the guy leaves the room so it is just me and the recruiter. "So, Rider Windward is your name, eh?" He asks. I think for a moment about how I should talk to him. I go with the military formalities I know. "......Ehem" He says. "Sorry sir, Rider Windward is my name sir." I say quickly. "So according to your file you are very skilled in fighting, we're going to test how skilled you are. You will be put through a technical test to figure out your strengths and weaknesses. Then you will be sent to the therapist so we can put your personality on file and to see if you have any trauma that might effect you." He describes. "Yes sir" I say excited and nervous at the same time.