Chapter 2 Skill Test

Time: 10:00 am

Location: Training/testing arena

I get to the testing area and are greeted by another soldier and the recruiter says "To test your ability you will be fighting him I this arena that was developed to simulate fights you will have. The only rule is that you use non-lethal weapons like you use in turfwars. First one to get splatted loses. You get splatted after taking enough shots to do so in a real environment. Go grab your weapon from the locker and go to your start point, the battle starts when the whistle blows. Rider to the point on the right and Jack to the point on the left." I nod and walk to the locker and then I grab a Splattershot to keep myself flexible with range and I super jump to the start point.

I hear the whistle and sprint forward to cover to think about a plan. I figured that the best way to win was to find out where he is and sneak up on him. I run to a tall hill in the arena near the middle of the arena, and shoot ink up the side of it and get to the top in a quick fashion. I look around and spot him near the side of the arena. I run down the hill and dash from cover to cover in squid form to be the most covert. I get within 5 feet of Jack and raise my weapon. Suddenly Jack turns around and spots me. I shoot him a few times but it wasn't enough and he gives me a solid punch in the gut. "AGH" I yelp in pain and ink flies out of my mouth because of the punch. I start feeling a bit dizzy but I put my hands up to have to fight.

I regain myself enough to dodge his next punch. I jab him with an ok jab at the most. It hits him but doesn't affect him much other than hurting him a bit. I throw a punch and it hits him in the chest and knocks the wind out of him. Then he pulls out a combat knife. *Thoughts* IS THAT A KNIFE! I thought this was nonlethal, is this what he meant by out me to the test!?!!? *End of thoughts*. In my thoughts he goes to stab me in the chest, but I was able to dodge to the left a bit and he missies me. He catches me in the thigh and I scream in pain while ink seeps out of my wound. 

My vision is starting to black out a bit and I try to think of a way to beat him. I realize that I need to get my weapon and shoot this guy, so I look around for my weapon and see it about 3 feet away. I crawl two feet towards my gun and I get super close to it when I feel him step on my back  "Do you yield?" He asks. I grab my gun flip around and yell "NEVER!!!". I shoot him as much as I could and he says "Wow you got me. Good job" and he gives me a thumbs up and I black out.