10

Kaiden's POV

"Don't forget your bag!" Mom shouts
from the front door.

I grab the duffle and rush out the door, knowing I was already late for practice. Slamming it shut behind me, I run towards our car and sit inside all within a few seconds.

I've never been late before, not this late at least. Every once and a while I was about five minutes late, but twenty minutes was not something I'd done. Not for a game, not for practice, not for school.

Somehow my alarm clock hadn't gone off, or I didn't hear it. Whichever it was, I was stuck in a deep sleep dream I couldn't wake up from. No matter how hard I tried, knowing it was a dream, I couldn't convince my body of the same thing.

I had to jump myself awake, my mom yelling that it was time to go from the kitchen. And during the drive to practice I was left with unsettling memories of it.

"You belong with me, Kaiden. You can feel it too. I know you do. Find me. Find me. Find me. Hear my voice in your ears. My lips on yours, kissing you, licking you, loving you. I want to feel you with me, on me, in me, because you are mine, mine, mine. We are one."

I shutter at the deep voice echoing in my head. It doesn't belong to anyone I know. And from what I understand, dreams are simply memories replayed. Even if it's a new experience, voices and people all have to come from some kind of memeory in your subconscious. But I defiantly don't know someone with a voice like that.

It was almost angelic, yet it demanded your attention. Power dripped from every word, pulling me towards it.

There wasn't a face attached to the voice. Just those words spoken to me in the pitch black. Such a creepy dream.

"Mom?" I ask her as she drives down the soggy street. The sky dark grey with light rain coming down from it and onto the windshield. Heat blasted from the vents, warming my chilled body.

"Hmm?" She asked, slowing down to a stop at a red light.

"What kind of dream makes you only hear sounds?" I asked curiously.

She turned her head to me. "Sounds? What like the alarm clock you didn't hear?"

"No, I mean like voices. Or a voice. But everything else is just darkness."

Mom raises her brow at me, giving me a questionable look before turning back to the road as we went forward.

"Sounds like some kind of weird lucid dream, baby. Unless you hearin' voices when you're not asleep."

I shake my head, "No it was just last night."

"Well either way, I think you should be goin' to sleep earlier. Stayin' up at all hours ain't good for you."

I nod, taking her advise into consideration. We pull up to the gym and she hands me my duffle from the back. With a kiss on my forehead she says, "Have a good day, baby. See you at six."

"Love you." I say as I open the door.

"Love you too."

I close the door behind me and rush inside as the cold rain hits the top of my hoodie. I know a lot of people complain about this weather we've been having, but I actually love it. The smell of the air is all crisp. Everything is a little bit gloomy and dark. At the end of the day you get to go home and sit in a warm house under a blanket. The best kind of weather is rainy weather.

It also made me feel a little lonely. Usually I'd cuddle up with Andrea on the couch and watch a movie. But that wasn't an option anymore and it hurt a little, to be alone. It isn't that I want us to get back together, because I don't. I'm glad we figured things out and are in good terms. Rebuilding our friendship and all that.