Chapter 2

"Orders"

18 year old

Padme sat in a conference room with the Captain Typho of the Military service on Naboo and her handmaid Dorme. Clarabelle stood listening as Padme complained about the Jedi. Jar Jar soon entered the room, followed by two Jedi.

"Mesa here. Lookie... lookie...Senator. Desa Jedi arrived," Jar Jar said alerting the Senator of the new arrival. Padme and Typho rose from their seats as Obi-Wan and Anakin stopped before the Senator

Obi-Wan stepped forward to greet the young Senator, Anakin stared at Padme. Sheglances at him. But then his eyes wandered to Clarabelle, who stood behind Dorme.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, M'Lady," Obi-Wan greeted. Padme walked over to Obi-Wan and took his hand in hers.

"It has been far too long MasterKenobi. I'm so glad our paths have crossed again... but I must warn you that I think your presence here is unnecessary," Padme said

"I'm sure the Jedi Council has their reasons," Obi-Wan said Padme looks at Anakin.

"Ani?... My goodness, you've grown," Padme said Anakin tore his eyes away from Clarabelle, bringing his attention to Padme. They look at each other for a long moment.

"So have you...more beautiful I mean," Anakin said looking at Padme. Obi-Wan looks disapprovingly at his apprentice. Padme laughsand shakes her head. Clarabelle smiled but inside it tore her apart to know the one she loved...loved another.

"Oh Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine," Padme said embarrassing Anakin, he looked down. Clarabelle let out a chuckle at Padme's words. Obi-Wan and Captain Typho smiled.

"Our presence will be invisible,M'Lady, I can assure you," Obi-Wan said bringing everyone's attention back to the matter at hand.

"I'm very grateful you're here,Master Kenobi. I'm Captain Typho, head of Her Majesty's security services. Queen Jamillia has been informed you of your assignment.The situation is more dangerous than the Senator will admit. I've been briefing Master Plo's Padawan about the situation," Typho said gesturing to Clarabelle.

"I don't need more security, I need answers. I want to know who is trying to kill me," Padme said fed up with more bodyguards.

"We're here to protect you, Senator,not to start an investigation," Obi-Wan said

"We will find out who's trying tokill you Padmé," Anakin said Clarabelle looked at Anakin. Obi-Wan bit his lip in frustration andshame. He gives Anakin a dirty look.

"We will not exceed our mandate, myyoung Padawan learner!" Obi-Wan scolded. Clarabelle shook her head. Clarabelle listened to the bickering until she spoke up for the first time since Jedi's arrival.

"Master Kenobi? He does have a point. Protection is a job for local security... not Jedi. It's simply overkill... An investigation is implied in our mandate," Clarabelle said Obi-Wan looked at Clarabelle.

"Where is your Master, young padawan?" Obi-Wan asked. Clarabelle straightened her posture.

"I was assigned this mission without my master...Master Plo believed me to be ready," Clarabelle said

"We will do exactly as the Council has instructed, and both of you will learn your places, young ones," Obi-Wan said to the young Padawans.

"Perhaps with merely your presence, the mysteries surrounding thisthreat will be revealed. Now, if you will excuse me, I will retire," Padme said getting up. Everyone gave Padme a slight bow as she and Dorme leavethe room.

"Well, I know I feel a lot better having you here. I'll have an officer situated on every floor and I'll be at the control centerdownstairs," the Captain said taking Obi-Wan out to discuss further security methods.

Later that evening at the Jedi temple, Windu and Yoda walk down the long hallway, silhouetted by a lit room at the end.

"Why couldn't we see this attack onthe Senator?" Windu asked the grandmaster.

"Masking the future, is this disturbance in the Force," Yoda said Windu realized what this meant.

"The prophecy is coming true, theDark Side is growing," Windu said

"And only those who have turned to the Dark Side can sense thepossibilities of the future," Yoda said to the Master.

"It's been ten years, and the Sith still have yet to show themselves," Windu said as they stopped at a window.

"...Out there, they are. A certainty that is," Yoda said knowing what this meant for not only Clarabelle but Anakin as well.