Chapter 5

"Nightmares"

18 years old

The great, gloomy hold is crowded with emigrant and their belongings. On one side, R2 is coming to the head of afood line holding two bowls. With one of his little claw arms, he grabs a chunk of something that looks like bread. R2 slips a tube into a tub of mush and sucks up a large quantity. A server saw the little droid.

"Hey! No Droids!" he said loudly R2 takes one last big suck and heads away from the foodline. The server shouted after him angrily. The little droid moved past groups of eating or sleeping emigrants and comes to the trio's table where Ankain is sound asleep. Clarabelle watched as he slept, but then his head began moving. Afraid he was waking up Clarabelle looked away.

"No, no, Mom, no..." he mumbles. Clarabelle then saw the thin layer of sweat on his skin. Clarabelle leans over resting her hand on his arms. He wakes up with a start, then realizes where he is. Clarabelle simply looks at him. He stares back, somewhat confused.

"What?" he asked Clarabelle looked at him then removed her hand from his arm.

"You seemed to be having anightmare," Clarabelle said Anakin looked at her a little more closely, trying to seeif he has revealed any of his secrets. She hands him a bowl of mush and bread.

"Are you hungry?" She asked as Padme joined them.

"Yeah," he said under his breath. Padme took the food from R2 and sets it on a make-shift table. Anakin rose and takes a seat as Clarabelle places a bowl infront of him. She put a spoon by his bowl and as she moved her hand to start eating his hand grazed herself.

Her skin was soft. Just as soft as an expensive pillow. He pulled his hand back trying not to let his feelings get the better of him.

"Thanks," he said Padme, noticing the tension between the two.

"We went to lightspeed a while ago," Padme said informing the Jedi. Anakin looks into Padme's eyes.

"I look forward to seeing Naboo again. I've thought about it everyday since I left. It's by far the most beautiful place I've ever seen..." Anakin said to the senator. Padme looked at him. Clarabelle ate her mush as they spoke.

"It may not be as you remember it. Time changes perception," Padme said

"Sometimes it does... Sometimes for the better," Anakin said looking toward Clarabelle. He remembered when they first met. How beautiful she looked even at eight years old, how she'd grown more beautiful since.

"It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like..." Padme said looking at the two.

"Or be with the people I love," Anakin said his eyes on Clarabelle.

"Are you allowed to love? I thought it was forbidden for a Jedi," Padme asked as Anakin brought his eyes back to Padme.

"Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life, so you might say we're encouraged to love," Anakin said

"You have changed so much," Clarabelle said piping up from her mush.

"You haven't changed a bit. You're exactly the way I remember you inmy dreams, I doubt that Naboo has changed," Anakin said to her.

"It hasn't..." Padme said as an awkward moment fell upon the trio.

"You were dreaming about your mother Earlier, weren't you?" Clarabelle asked

"Yes... I left Tatooine so long ago, that my memory of her is fading. I don't want to lose it. Recently I've been seeing her in my dreams... vivid dreams... scary dreams. I worry about her," Ankin said after finishing his mush.

Padme gave Anakin a sympathetic look. Clarabelle nodded, understanding his reasoning. She'd never had a mother, she died in childbirth. But she understood why he was worried.