Human★Robot • The Stage..?

Shaking, Vivi wakes up to a crowd of people around her.
She's in a stage, as a guy in a tuxedo announces "The very first Human Robot is here!"

Vivi is paralyzed and unable to move, however, she can speak. But all that comes is just mumbled speech nobody will hear nor understand. Accepting her fate as a robot who will never see the light of day, she decides to close her eyes and she expects death. Confused, paralyzed and unable to speak, Vivi is then sent to a state of unconsciousness, and then sent to the void of thoughts. Her thoughts build up as she realizes.."I'll be sent here..I think." With this knowledge, she chooses the person she has interest in most.

"Gilbert, Age 27 — Agent For MEGA Corporation."

She reaches out her hand. It's the same feeling as before, but different. She can feel a plug go right inside her, at that moment, she goes even faster and reaches for Gilbert. She goes inside and she..is terrified.
"Her tribute wouldn't exist anyway."
"Robots are just builders for this corporation."
"I can't believe Samuel's elder brother would ever think this."
"I thought they were rivals."
"Why would you do this?"
"This plug won't work."
"This robot is broken."
"Paralyzed. Great"
"They'll understand."
"How stupid, You think the corporation will lead, better off doing anything else."
"This stage will just be..a show."
"She's..smart for Samuel's creation, he never created anything particularly useful so.."
"Turn it on, but not the consciousness"
"Leading her there..."
"Oh...hmm."

She shivers.
However, she then hears the same sound she heard as she hugged mom. She's released to a crowd, she's able to speak but she's given specific words. "I've been..Modified, right? This is so wrong. This speech is just wrong too."

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am Matilda Boston, The next generation of robots. I am the 1st generation. Thank you, Gilbert Adam and Sam Jack for bringing m- *glitch*"

The whole crowd trembles in fear. The word has come. The very glitch, she has been unmodified. She can now speak freely and other fingerprints will not be tracked. She could attack at any time, and so the crowd gasps in fear as she opens her eyes to reveal the real VIVI.

"I'm VI-"

Guards arise from the back, one opens her vault forcefully without the code, one tears her TV head and so she is..broken..

Vivi is utterly heartbroken, her only chance to escape was this. Her true secret could be revealed to the public, but in the end..Vivi should have accepted her fate as a worthless industrial robot. She lied on the street for months and sat with just a body full of wires, perhaps she had took her important gears for granted, but she could never feel more safe in this moment. She was in a dark alley in a dumpster, full of rats and stray cats. She had adopted 2 and named them just to cope with her loss of..life.

She wishes she could cry, but she can't. She just..can't do it.

Goodbye, Vivi. Perhaps the world was too harsh for you.