Human★Robot! • Just Like You

"UNIT41"
She reaches for the name. It's so..far. As she clicks it..
"Why doesn't she listen?!"
"Where's her charger?!"
"Damnit..We're from the same laboratory?!"
"Unit 42..Just like me."
"I just need them for my father.."

"POWER ON"

"HERE YOU ARE!" shouts the boy, Vivi acts confused and steps forward. The boy is confused too.

"Mind explain why you're unit 41, while I'm unit 42?!"

"Oh..uh, after all..we come from the same pla-" "What did I just say?!"

"You're a robot too?!"

"N-no..I'm a human experiment..!..I-"

The boy takes off his hood, showing a pale, green skinned boy with small eyes, a small nose and a down-turned mouth. He's quite skinny, and looks like he hasn't eaten in months. Nervous, Vivi walks up to him and holds his cheek. "Oh, Then explain what experiment you're supposed to be."

"I just..don't want to talk about it."

"Fine, but after we get out of this pit and find shelter you better tell me."

Vivi leaves him alone and starts climbing to get out. "Follow me." she says, softly. However the boy doesn't follow. She asks him why, but he refuses. Vivi climbs away from him, but she falls.

"GOSH, ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"Y-yeah-..Totally."

"Anyway, I was shy to ask about this...but, ma'am..Why do you not have that many- *gulp* uh...gears..?"

He holds her face close up to him, repeating the same question.

"I'll tell you when you tell me your story."

"Then we'll get out together."

As they climb, the boy tells Vivi his real name, Unit 41. He had not actually been named Baron, and Vivi tells him how she got here and the clover cat. "Oh, that's my cat, Jonathan." "J-jonathan..?" "Yeah, what's wrong?" "No..It's just that.."
They continue climbing.