⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter one ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒑 flickered ever so softly as I crossed the road toward my apartment

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒑 flickered ever so softly as I crossed the road toward my apartment. The quiet buzzing breaking the silence of the chilly night.

My grip tightened on the plastic bag swinging from my fingertips. It held some instant ramen and other groceries—a last minute endeavor to fill my empty fridge. Although this was a regrettable decision, because I'm not the biggest fan of walking alone at night.

The sudden realization that I was indeed walking alone at night made me quicken my pace slightly. I felt uneasy, as if I was being followed or watched. Although I tried to convince myself it was just paranoia, I couldn't shake the feeling.

Just a few more turns until I reach home.

About ten minutes passed, and it went without incident. I no longer had that lingering feeling of being stalked. I planted my heel to make a swift 90 degree turn until a streak of blond caught my eye.

I turned back just as quick to confirm what was there. To my surprise it was a young boy. He was sitting on a bench illuminated by another street lamp. He looked quite dejected as his gaze lifted from the floor onto me.

"Oh—hello." I said mindlessly and not really knowing what else to do.

However the boy just stared back with intrigue. After a few seconds I thought it would be useless to continue to wait for a response. So I focused my attention back to the way I was going—until I heard fabric rustling from behind me.

"Wait." He finally said as I turned around to find him just a few feet away from me now. I noticed his hand plastered to his waist, blood red stains leaking through his white shirt. I looked back on his eyes, black pools pouring into my own with a hint of curiosity showing through.

"Are you hurt? Do you need help?"

"If you would be willing to help I wouldn't mind.." He trailed off at the end. Perhaps I was too trusting of a boy I had just met, but before I knew it we were turned once again in the direction of home.

╰┈➤ EDITED

 • • • ┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡