⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter fifteen ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤ 𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑴𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 the next morning; well I tried to at least

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑴𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 the next morning; well I tried to at least.

"Wake up! We got to go visit Draken. Get ready quick." He made groaning noises as I continued to gently rock him back and forth.

"(Name) Just come back to bed and sleep with me, Ken-chin won't mind." He muttered with his eyes sealed shut, which surprised me given how worried he was a few days prior.

"Mikey... it's about to be afternoon soon." He reluctantly got up from the sheets, rubbing his eyes awake. I took hold of one of his hands to pull him from the blankets.

I was finally able to drag him into the kitchen where I had already made breakfast. He sat down while I did his hair, courtesy of watching Draken do it a few times. Carefully pulling the top hairs and his bangs up, I used the scrunchie on my arm to tie it. Then I took a step back to look at my beautiful work.

"What's wrong?" He asked tilting his head at me.

"It's nothing, you just look so cute with a scrunchie instead of your regular hair tie." He reached up to touch the poofy band.

"You think so? Then, it's mine now and I'm keeping it forever."

__ __

We left the apartment and headed down to the hospital.

"Hey Draken!" I said bursting through the door. He looked up from the manga he was reading to see who it was.

"Quiet down a little, there's other people in the hospital."

"Oh sorry." I smiled awkwardly, slightly embarrassed at my unintentional outburst. "What are you reading?" I looked down at his novel to distract myself from what just happened, "Oh you like romance manga too? You didn't take me as the type..." I gave him a teasing smirk.

"Oi sh-shut up!!" His face became quite flustered, much to my amusement.

"You feeling any better Ken-chin?" Mikey came up to his side to get a closer look at him. He comically moved all around his resting friend, analyzing every inch of his exposed body.

"Yup all good, just need time to heal up and I'll be good as new." He flexed his arm a little.

"Oh here I made these for you." I placed a bag of cookies and some flowers by the table side. "The flowers are just a get well soon gift, I hope you like them."

"Thank you (Name), I appreciate it." He smiled.

"Well, looks like you're doing good Draken. We better get going and let you heal now, come on (Nickname)."

"But—" Mikey grabbed my arm and stormed out of Draken's room. Try as I may, he had no intention of letting me go. Instead he continued to pull me down through the hospital hallway.

Eventually he dragged me on top of the building, and the chilly air from the roof brushed past our cheeks. "Mikey you seemed to be in a rush to get out of there, are you alright?" He kept his back facing me, but his hand remained in mine.

"Why are you getting all buddy-buddy with Draken..." He mumbled in a low tone.

"What?" I kind of heard what he said but I wanted to hear it again to make sure.

"You've never given me cookies or flowers." He sits down, sighing with irritation, refusing to look at me straight.

"Huh?! So that's what this is about!? You had me worried something was actually wrong." I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Draken is a good friend to me just as he is to you."

"Something is wrong!" He threw his hands up but I only laughed.

"You're just jealous. Plus, if you ever got sick or hurt, trust me I'd be doing a lot more than just giving you cookies and flowers."

"Really?!" Mikey finally looked me in the eyes, it seemed he was no longer angry, "it almost makes me want to get injured now!"

He cannot be this dumb...

I playfully flicked his forehead, perhaps too hard, scolding him for saying such a thing. The last thing I would wish for was for him to get hurt, or any of my close friends for that matter.

"Idiot! Don't be purposely getting hurt now, or I'll kill you!" Mikey only laughed, now rubbing the red part of where I had hit him.

"Okay okay I won't, but the same goes for you. You absolutely cannot get hurt, or I'll go crazy."

"I'll try my best."

Mikey and I snuggled close to each other, admiring the view from the top of the building. Yet I couldn't help but feel an ounce of dread.

╰┈➤ EDITED

•••┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡